Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a singlespeed, and am looking for cranksets. Problem is that I feel that there aren't many choices. Raceface, Truvativ, White industries and Paul. I know I must be missing something. What do you folks who race cross country on your SS use?

·
Interlectchewal
1,170 Posts
delay said:
I am building up a singlespeed, and am looking for cranksets. Problem is that I feel that there aren't many choices. Raceface, Truvativ, White industries and Paul. I know I must be missing something. What do you folks who race cross country on your SS use?
You can use pretty much any crankset for singlespeed. The White and Paul cranks are singlespeed-specific, but most of the others are just regular cranksets with one ring (or one ring and a bashguard) and maybe no bolt holes for a granny. As jeeves said, Shimano XT and XTR (and LX or Hone) are very popular on singlespeeds.

Middleburn are also nice and can be found at Chain Reaction Cycles or MTB Tandems.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
delay said:
You are missing that pretty much any crankset can be used with a single chain ring which makes it a singlespeed crank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.