Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Single Speed
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any singlespeed clubs out there? We had an interest meeting for a singlespeed club in Hot Springs, Arkansas. There were 10 people there. How organized are your clubs? We plan to have a website so out of towners can look us up and contact us for a ride when they come to town. Check out the website so far. We have other plans, but I just wanted to know what others have done along these lines. Thanks.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,723 Posts
fatad said:
Are there any singlespeed clubs out there? We had an interest meeting for a singlespeed club in Hot Springs, Arkansas. There were 10 people there. How organized are your clubs? We plan to have a website so out of towners can look us up and contact us for a ride when they come to town. Check out the website so far. We have other plans, but I just wanted to know what others have done along these lines. Thanks.
Looks good so far. Our local/regional/national/international/universal club, The Disciples of Dirt, is not limited to singlespeeders but at least half our members ride them.

DOD is not organized so much as it is disorganized, nonetheless DOD celebrates its 20th birthday this year. We have a Yahoo!Group which serves as the communicative glue that holds us together. We enjoy weekly night rides, weekend rides, local bike-event/race support, campouts, trail maintenance and promote bike-related events & group rides. It's fun to mix with positive people who love to ride bikes, isn't it. Best of luck. Not sure I'll get out your way but if I do, I'll be sure to look you guys & gals up. :thumbsup:

--Sparty

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
We have a little group forming here but we ride everything under the sun... somedays it's singletrack, some days it's road, some days it's vintage, and today was all about ice riding and staying warm.

It is heartening to see that a few of the guys are embracing the idea of riding SS and there are some builds in progress that I expect to be stellar so Ss rides will become part of our regular riding schedule.

I was bitten by the bug last summer and now have 3 SS bikes and am also working on a fixie for the road.

·
Registered
19,093 Posts
Well, a couple of years ago the Bend Oregon Single Speeders (BOSS) was going strong with multiple weekly rides and MTBR ride reports, but then we all got jobs.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Checked out the KISS web site.

Looks like my kind of people...SS...Arkies...and Fat Tire jerseys :cool:

Like others have mentioned, most clubs are a mix of different riders and bikes. It keeps things interesting.

I had an opportunity to ride Camp Robinson a couple years ago. I was wishing I had brought my SS instead of gears.

I will look you up on the next visit.-fdt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.