Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there single women bikers in Canada? MTBR site seems to have alot of US bikers but I haven't read any story from women bikers in Canada. Guys like me want to meet single ladies for bike ride and chit chat. I am a male from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. When I go biking in Dagmar, Albion Hills, Kelso or Hardwood I saw few single women.

Don't single women get into this sport or do they only ride with their husband/bf ?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Picard said:
Are there single women bikers in Canada? MTBR site seems to have alot of US bikers but I haven't read any story from women bikers in Canada. Guys like me want to meet single ladies for bike ride and chit chat. I am a male from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. When I go biking in Dagmar, Albion Hills, Kelso or Hardwood I saw few single women.

Don't single women get into this sport or do they only ride with their husband/bf ?
Oh, my. Did you not get the word about the womens lounge?

Rita

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,110 Posts
I'm feeling generous tonight.
the women's lounge is where women hang out to talk with other biking women. Not where biker guys come to look for single bikiing women. Guys are welcome to participate in the conversation, but if you try and pick us up we'll make fun of your penis, for starters.

So, picard, hit the holodeck for your dream gal, she ain't here.

formica

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
depress

Ok. I get the point. It seems you gals don't want to chit chat with the men. Holodeck is down by the way. My dream gal is on strike. she wants to get out of holodeck and meet new guys to broaden her horizon.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,497 Posts
It's not a bad question, it's just that we get "hit on" a lot in here, when in fact that's not WHY the Lounge exists........or even why we bike in the first place.

So use pick-up lines at your own risk! We've been known to post pictures of bulk-size boxes of Tampax to scare the guys away......consider yourself warned!

·
Registered
116 Posts
bulk size boxes of tampax.. oh my that's a funny one!!!!!!!!!

Christine said:
It's not a bad question, it's just that we get "hit on" a lot in here, when in fact that's not WHY the Lounge exists........or even why we bike in the first place.

So use pick-up lines at your own risk! We've been known to post pictures of bulk-size boxes of Tampax to scare the guys away......consider yourself warned!

·
Glue Sniffer
547 Posts
Picard said:
Ok. I get the point. It seems you gals don't want to chit chat with the men.
Yup, we are man-hating nuns who don't like speaking with menfolk and risk accidental intercourse if we so much as run into you at the corner store.

Dude - all's she's saying is that when you get yet another post saying "I'm looking for single women who think penises (penii?) taste like chocolate", you get bored of it. And when you get bored with something, you use it as entertainment or blow it off.

Chit-chat = good.
Being the 483th dude to ask that same question = redundant.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,758 Posts
You're on to that?

catzilla said:
Yup, we are man-hating nuns who don't like speaking with menfolk and risk accidental intercourse if we so much as run into you at the corner store.

Dude - all's she's saying is that when you get yet another post saying "I'm looking for single women who think penises (penii?) taste like chocolate", you get bored of it. And when you get bored with something, you use it as entertainment or blow it off.

Chit-chat = good.
Being the 483th dude to ask that same question = redundant.
You mean you've figured out the ol' chocolate penis trick? Damn. I guess I'll have to think of something else.

Picard:

Join a mountain bike club. There are plenty in SE Ontario. I know there are women who ride there because I've ridden with plenty of them. But I didn't go out looking to hit or specifically ride with women mountain bikers. I went out and rode with mountain bikers, some who happened to be women. We enjoyed each other's company because we were ripping trails, not because I was hitting on them or they found me irresistable because I look great in spandex.

As someone mentioned on the other forum, check out Lora Woolner's ride. Don't expect expect to impress her with your mountain biking skillz, though. She's a hammer.

Good luck,

Ken

·
Registered
787 Posts
Network

Picard said:

Try hitting the 24hr races - there are always plenty of freindly folks (some are women) to chat with and make some new aquaintences. Network; it's the only way. ;)

Watch out for Lora Woolner... not only is she fast, and an IMBA rep, but she's also married. :p

I'm a big fan of the Women's Lounge, now excuse me while I get the hell outta here before they descend on me too... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.