Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my friends specialized p.2 and was wondering what the diff is between ss and having a rear derailuer i know wait but is there anything else because i have noticed alot of riders with ss

·
Registered
722 Posts
well you see with single speed you have one gear and can't shift. But a geared bike you can change the gears...lol jk but the advantage of singlespeed is there is less stuff to break so therefore cheaper to run. Especially with a DJ/urban bike you would be bending the derailler a lot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i brae derailuers constantly on my dh bike but i didnt know if there are like trick advantages of an ss and ive done searches but nothing really answered my question fully

·
stupid fresh!!
810 Posts
well i cant think of any trick that involves your drive train, but its alot simpler and easier to maintain and it gives you one less thing to worry about.

·
312 Posts
SS is lighter too :) btw watch out for those grips on the p-series.. I don't know if they are stock but I just bought a P.1 from a friend 3 weeks ago and the grip ripped in half when I touched down from a jump. I fell to the side after that going a considerably high rate of speed and smashed my chin on a root and my shorts ripped in half and so did my underwear. I had to call my girlfriend to pick me up from the DJ's because my junk would hang out if I rode, Also my face was bleeding lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts