Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I rode Colorado Bend State Park (Bend, TX) today on a rigid 29er SS, because right now that is all I have. Not going to lie, my puke is definitely out there on the side of some trail. It was fun for 5 miles then I was ready to die. A lot of that might have to do with being off the bike for 3 weeks healing a bruised tail bone, but jeez was it brutal. I'm going to have to definitely get a geared bike for some things here in Centex.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Colorado Bend is on my to do list. SS is all I have too. I'm a little nervous about it now, not that I don't enjoy a good puke...but I'd rather save it for special occasions. Oh well. Will probably be staying a little more local (Dana Peak, Miller Springs) til I can wrangle the time for Colorado Bend.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Don't get me wrong it was so much fun but I was definitely out of shape because it is rather tough out there. A fork would at least help. We'll have to have a SS ride at Dana Peak one day.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Don't get me wrong it was so much fun but I was definitely out of shape because it is rather tough out there. A fork would at least help. We'll have to have a SS ride at Dana Peak one day.
I'm going tomorrow (9/25) if you can make it. 8-9ish a.m.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts