Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Jamis hard tail that I've wanted to convert to a SS. Since I can't even adjust the brakes w/o screwing something up I'm looking for a shop that can do the conversion. Suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
ss conversion

I have a single speed conversion that I can sell you cheap, comes with 16 & 18 tooth rear gear. it is a gusset 1-er kit. I paid twenty for it and rode it twice. will sell for 15. let me know.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
If you are anywhere near 43rd ave and Bell- try Swiss American 602-938-4330. They carry everything you should need and can capably do the work. Tell them Cory sent you. If cost is a real constraint- buy the gusset set above, a SS front ring and a SRAM pc-1 chain and I can help you install it (I live near 7st and the 101). For a tensioner, I REALLY like the Soulcraft convert. It does not slap around like the others and is buttery smooth and silent. They are not the cheapest- but in my book the best. Swiss carries all this stuff usually. Tell them Cory sent you! And don't worry too much about cost. If you are like me you will love SS so much you will sell your geared bike anyway!

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
I converted an old Sugar FS using an old rear derailler, a cog someone gave me and my normal cranks and middle ring. It took a few rides to get it dialed in (chain dropping off) but once I did, it was great. I only wish my shock wouldn't have gone and I would still have it up n running. Check out the FS thread in the singlespeed forum for pics of some radical FS SS's. A pic of mine's in there too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.