Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SoCal mtbr
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to ss and almost done with my first SS rigid 29er. I've been told any 8spd chain will work but I just wanted your opinion on what high quality chain will work for SS. Looking for light weight and long lasting. Thanks for your time.

Steve

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
mntn-biker said:
Any 1/8" chain, hands down unless you want a nut job courtesy of your top tube when your 3/32" chain breaks :eek:
This is possibly the worst advice I have heard on this board for a long time. You may know something about making chainrings, but you don't know chains..

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,318 Posts
I've had good experience with SRAM 8-spd chains all the way down to the 830 level. My bikes employ 195mm cranks so my chains are subjected to a lot of torque. I also engage in endurance racing. I'm going to continue to use SRAM 8-spd chains.

--sParty

·
Ovaries on the Outside
4,424 Posts
SeaBass_ said:
Only nutjob I ever got was from a kmc 1/8"!!! Been using 3/32 ever since and no problems whatsoever.]
Same here- 1/8" is vastly overrated.

Did enjoy the fact that a comment was edited due to a flurry on contrary responses. aka brad is on my bad list for stealing my lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.