Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for good deals, i am trying to set my budget at $300 for the rear wheel i have cruised ebay for a while with not much luck, i found an excellent deal elsewhere on a wtb single duty hub for $100 which is a cassette style ss hub, i haven't seen many comments in the forums on the quality of these hubs, I want something a little nicer than the surly and i would like to avoid a freewheel if possible, are there other hubs besides the king and hope, those cost more than I am willing to spend.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
hexdriver said:
where are the hope rears for that much? i will am checking out the woodman/nashbar hub, thanks!
you can get the hub for $220 at universal. 10% off orders over $100, 15% if you go over $300.
depending on the other parts you get, sub-$300 is doable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can get a rear wheel build with Hope Pro2 SS/Trial hub, DT competion spokes, and something like a Mavic TN719 at Chain Reaction Cycles for about $300. $192 for SS hub ($178 if you wanted to go with the geared hub), $38 for the spokes, and $50 to $70 for the rim and free shipping. Their 29er wheelbuild process is kind of goofy since they don't show custom 29er wheelsets on their website. They ask you to put all your parts (hub, spokes, and rim) in the shopping cart and put under "additional instructions" that you want them to build the wheel. There is a small but reasonable charge to build the wheel.

Here is the email i received from CRC about 29er wheelbuild:
"We can build almost any combination of hubs, spokes and rims you like, even if the options are not listed in the custom build section. You need to add all the parts to your basket separately and make a note in 'Additional Information' saying "BUILD WHEELS". In addition, send us an email with your order number so we can check it has processed properly. For 29" custom builds there is a labour charge of £15 per single wheel."

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jekyll2003 said:
You can get a rear wheel build with Hope Pro2 SS/Trial hub, DT competion spokes, and something like a Mavic TN719 at Chain Reaction Cycles for about $300. $192 for SS hub ($178 if you wanted to go with the geared hub), $38 for the spokes, and $50 to $70 for the rim and free shipping. Their 29er wheelbuild process is kind of goofy since they don't show custom 29er wheelsets on their website. They ask you to put all your parts (hub, spokes, and rim) in the shopping cart and put under "additional instructions" that you want them to build the wheel. There is a small but reasonable charge to build the wheel.

Here is the email i received from CRC about 29er wheelbuild:
"We can build almost any combination of hubs, spokes and rims you like, even if the options are not listed in the custom build section. You need to add all the parts to your basket separately and make a note in 'Additional Information' saying "BUILD WHEELS". In addition, send us an email with your order number so we can check it has processed properly. For 29" custom builds there is a labour charge of £15 per single wheel."

Good luck.
Thank you!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.