Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...I know this may sound desperate but what the hell...I'm a single guy and thinking...WHY NOT? I live in San Gabriel Valley and was thinking it might actually be nice to ride with someone other then my smelly, hairy, fat, old, tired...male friends. I wanna ride with a cutie!!! Someone that likes moderate climbs with some fun singletrack downhills. I ride Marshall Canyon, Mt Wilson, Mt Lowe, all the San Gabriels. Anyone interested...shoot me an e-mail...maybe we could do a singles group ride. Keep an open mind here ladies...this could be something fun for all of us.

if interested, e-mail me at: [email protected]
 

·
Ultimate Poseur
Joined
·
398 Posts
Busterjohn said:
Hey...I know this may sound desperate but what the hell...I'm a single guy and thinking...WHY NOT? I live in San Gabriel Valley and was thinking it might actually be nice to ride with someone other then my smelly, hairy, fat, old, tired...male friends. I wanna ride with a cutie!!! Someone that likes moderate climbs with some fun singletrack downhills. I ride Marshall Canyon, Mt Wilson, Mt Lowe, all the San Gabriels. Anyone interested...shoot me an e-mail...maybe we could do a singles group ride. Keep an open mind here ladies...this could be something fun for all of us.

if interested, e-mail me at: [email protected]
Hold on while I run and grab a bag of chips and a Coke.
Hoping that fun will soon commence....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Perhaps you could join a local bike club to meet single women. We prefer this forum not to turn into a pickup lounge. This is where we go to talk to other women about women's riding issues. I know you meant no harm, but really please respect our forum.
 

·
giddy up!
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Yep...

...this could get good.

Although, this post lacks the offensive tone of the trail humper thread. Only time will tell....

Let the fur fly.
 

·
giddy up!
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
Nice.

Love the signature....."Gopher Everett?"

Classic line from a classic film. One of my all time favorites.

moff_quigley said:
Hold on while I run and grab a bag of chips and a Coke.
Hoping that fun will soon commence....
 

·
Ultimate Poseur
Joined
·
398 Posts
Classic indeed...

donkey said:
Love the signature....."Gopher Everett?"

Classic line from a classic film. One of my all time favorites.
I almost hate to admit this as I cannot stand country music, but I have the soundtrack in my car's CD player right now. O Brother is definitely on my all time faves list as well.
 

·
Des(s)ert Rat
Joined
·
4,961 Posts
Sorry. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Once I started riding mountainbikes I went from cutie to ugly in a hurry. As soon as we throw a leg over the bike it's all over!

With the first mountainbike I gained about 25 pounds. When I got a singlespeed I gained about 20. With the road bike, another 20. Then came 30 pounds with the fully suspended. And those cruisers! I've gained a ton of weight with them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Every time the Embers have almost died...!

Busterjohn said:
Hey...I wanna ride with a cutie!!!
...some senseless slob comes along and starts blowing hard until the fire is going strong!

Don't these guys ever read the archived threads?

John W.
 

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
mtbmom said:
Perhaps we should start a forum called, "MTB Chicks Who Want to Get Hit On by Guys in Cyberspace"
What we need is a sticky thread at the top of the page entitled, "Male Users' Guide to the Women's Lounge." Item #1: Guys, this isn't a meat market.

Kathy ;^P
 

·
MattSavage
Joined
·
2,481 Posts
Holy smokes....

gofarther said:
Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=29270
That was brutal. Poor fella'. I guess thats what he gets for walking into the lions den. I guess I'll just bow my head and back out now before I make a mistake.
 

·
i worship Mr T
Joined
·
5,543 Posts
Lucky said:
What we need is a sticky thread at the top of the page entitled, "Male Users' Guide to the Women's Lounge." Item #1: Guys, this isn't a meat market.

Kathy ;^P
hehe. i was wondering where in the words "Women's Lounge" guys could see "Go here for on-line mtb dating service". maybe it's subliminal and you can only see it if you're wearing super-secret decoder glasses or if you have a Y chromosome. :D

mtbmom's suggestion is a good one. why not try joining a cycling club in your area to meet women.

rt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
mattsavage said:
That was brutal. Poor fella'. I guess thats what he gets for walking into the lions den. I guess I'll just bow my head and back out now before I make a mistake.
There's making a mistake, then there's calling a group of very witty, very athletic ladies 'cows'. He got what he deserved...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
As the other women stated...this is not a pick-up place and yes, you do sound desperate as hell...but I'm feeling somewhat generous. InCycle in San Dimas has a shop ride on Monday evenings at 6pm and Coates used to, and still may, have one through Marshall canyon on Sunday mornings at 8am. Don't know if any single women attend but at least you won't have to ride with the same tired, smelly, etc friends you currently have. Gee, what do you say about your enemies? :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,009 Posts
Not passing judgement since I am a guest over here, but at least he was upfront and honest about his intentions. I'll run like hell now and watch the carnage from a distance. :D :D

It is interesting to note that his e-mail address is a Los Angeles Unified School District e-mail account, so he probably has a stable job and likes children.
 

·
Probably drunk right now
Joined
·
6,753 Posts
Or...

CDMC said:
It is interesting to note that his e-mail address is a Los Angeles Unified School District e-mail account, so he probably has a stable job and likes children.
He's a subsitute teacher who is a pedophile. Or a janitor? I had know idea we could judge character and personality based on an email address. Who knew;-?

Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,009 Posts
Note I said, probably. Educated guess based on the e-mail address.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top