Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Buck Puck based light:) I used a SPDT push button switch and some resistors to do off-low-high.

cateye quick release mount

with the cateye helmet mount

MC-E series star

modified Ledil Rocket-SS lens

The light came out a little ruff due to some mishaps:( The body sheared in half when when I was spinning it on the the lathe...uhg. Had to do some surgery to put her back together.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ooo It's beautiful. How did you attach the heatsink/ledtube to the switch housing?
Nice to see someone else use a BNC connector. Those are bombproof.

I assume you use it only on the helmet as the transparent housing for the lens probably glare badly if barmounted?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
light uses a 14.8v Li-Ion pack...same as all my lights:). gillestugan, you are correct...this is a helmet light as the glare from the pexiglass tube would be annoying (may still be annoying, but not to me:)). The Ledil lens is joined to the pexiglass tube with acrylic cement. I have not permanently fixed the pexiglass tube to the aluminum housing yet...I will use silicone when I do. Oh yeah, I don't mind the unbalanced look since I am too :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looks good! It should have plenty of heat dissipation. Nothing wrong with asymmetry as long as it feels balanced on your head. Looks like it should be more than be a bike light :) You probably wouldn't want to carry it in your luggage while going through airport security.

How much juice are you planning on running through it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.