Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sin seatpost

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MCSinCO 
#1 ·
Just purchased a Sin and the seatpost that came on the bike puts me way up in XC position at it's lowest setting. What lenght seatpost works best on the Sin? Thanks.

#4 ·
My 2006 Sin

I got it at Adrenaline Bikes. They are about half price now; they say because new MC bikes are ariving in November. Mine is a 2006. I think Greenfish bikes is selling the 2005 for a couple hundred more, but a better rear shock. Adrenaline offers shock upgrades. Due to lack of funds, I got the basic build kit with a OEM 5" fork...realy cheap build kit, but I will have to replace parts as they break or put them on a Rumble that I want to build later. Here is a pic from my camera this morning that I didn't know was on black and white...all I have now.

Attachments

#5 ·
I had the same problem as you when I first bought my Fury with an interupted seat tube.
I went with a Titec Scoper telescoping post.
It's actually 2 posts. One that's a hollow tube with a QR clamp that clamps in the frame like a normal post.The other one is a regular 27.2 (smaller)post with the head to mount the seat that slides inside the hollow one.
You can cut them both to the length you want so you can raise your seat for climbing and drop it for descending.
How much to cut depends on the frame and personal preference. I left it long at first and cut it down when I found a height I liked.
Here's a link to the website and pic's of my bike with the post high and low.
Hope this helps.
Eric

https://www.titec.com/

High

Low

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.