Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone picks up a few good ideas from enough practial experience- simple tricks that make the experience that much more enjoyable. Myself, i tie a string from my seat stay to my seatpost so i know how far to pull up my saddle for a climb.

What are your simple tricks?

·
Registered
312 Posts
okie_calvin said:
When I get new gear I either rub dirt on it or if it's a helmet I'll drop it and scratch it before I ride with it to assure my safety. :yesnod:
I don't do it to assure my safety but I do that so I don't cringe so hard when I fall and scratch it.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Carry a couple of different sizes of zip ties. They are useful as hell. I used one to replace a lost chainring bolt. Worked well enough to get me back to the LBS, from 14 miles out on rough single track.
Unless you're racing, carry enuff stuff. It's better to have and not need, than need and not have. Weight weenies be darned! :D

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
+1 on the zipties.

I carry a sandwich bag in my pocket in which I put the torn-off tops and packets of empty Gu gels so that I don't accidently litter the trails. It also keeps ther bottom of your washer/dryer from accumulating the little top strips when you forget to take them out of your pockets before washing. ;)

-pete

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
i just make sure my friends im riding with have everything so i can bum off them and not have to carry a whole bunch of gear. its ok because i always buy the beer after.

·
callipygian rondure
309 Posts
I carry an unopened tube of crazy glue in my pack - Allows for a quick suture to get you down the hill if you get a small cut. For you worry-worts, its safe.

Water bottle screw can replace a cleat screw in a pinch.

Always be wary of the email ride solicitation that contains the phrase "Nice, easy paced ride."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.