Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just bought a Gary Fisher Wahoo disc about a month ago and have enjoyed getting into riding it so far. Toward the end of my last ride (on pavement), I had a problem shifting...After I was shifting into a lower gear, it didn't jump smoothly and it felt like the chain wasn't sitting on the sprockets "well". Though I could continue to pedal, it was making a clunky clicking sound. I have also noticed that the clear plastic disc that sits inside the rear sprockets (not sure what its called) is loose and causing the tire to slow when I spin it. Do I need that?

I had been doing alot of shifting because I was trying to get used to it, and get a feel for the gears and shifting in general. I am aware that this bike is "entry level", with lower end components, the demands I have placed on it so far have been minimal

Based on my admittedly novice description of the problem, can anyone suggest how to fix this? I am thinking this may be an easy fix for me to try.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sounds like it might be the cables stretching. Is the bike brand new? If you bought it from a bike shop they should be able to re-tune it. It could be as simple as turning out one of the barrel adjusters to tighten up the cable.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey you are in the Norton area right? Send me a PM and you can bring the bike over and I can go over the basics with you and do a tune up on the bike.

-Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
+1 what basso said. Get your free tuneups done and then learn to do it yourself!

The plastic thing, no, you don't need. It's just there to protect the spokes in case the chain comes loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts