Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some pics floating around of some stuff that Oscar has been working on over at Simple Bicycle Company.

The new raw 07 '509' frame with horizontal dropouts

White '509' with vertical dropouts

Custom 4X bike he built up for a friend

Hmmm, I wonder who's frame this could be??? :D Should get it this week. I'm gonna pull a Snaky and keep the color a secret. ;) (I just hope we don't have the same color!!)

My frame is a little different than the 509. I'll post some more pics and info about it later. Ride on!!

https://www.simplebicycleco.com/

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Cru Jones said:
Found some pics floating around of some stuff that Oscar has been working on over at Simple Bicycle Company.

Hmmm, I wonder who's frame this could be??? :D Should get it this week. I'm gonna pull a Snaky and keep the color a secret. ;) (I just hope we don't have the same color!!)

My frame is a little different than the 509. I'll post some more pics and info about it later. Ride on!!

Haha! Pull a snaky, I like that!

I'm stoked for you dude, I'm looking forward to seeing that bike. Are you going with 24's or 26's?

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
Cru Jones said:

that yoke looks sick, but I'll have to see some numbers before really saying much. Cru, looks like yours doesn't use a cnc'ed yoke, and has tapered stays similar to a dobermann... can't wait to see some pics of your build up.

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BikeSATORI said:
that yoke looks sick, but I'll have to see some numbers before really saying much. Cru, looks like yours doesn't use a cnc'ed yoke, and has tapered stays similar to a dobermann... can't wait to see some pics of your build up.
Yep, no yoke on mine. Said he had to modify it to get the stays as short as I wanted. But, I'm really not sure on some of the final numbers, yet. One thing that I've learned through this process is that Oscar is VERY busy (he runs another company as well as the bike company). So, I've tried not to ask too many questions and just let him do his thing. I'll be sure to post up the geo and weight when I get it... just need to get me a fish scale.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Cru Jones said:
Yep, no yoke on mine. Said he had to modify it to get the stays as short as I wanted. But, I'm really not sure on some of the final numbers, yet. One thing that I've learned through this process is that Oscar is VERY busy (he runs another company as well as the bike company). So, I've tried not to ask too many questions and just let him do his thing. I'll be sure to post up the geo and weight when I get it... just need to get me a fish scale.
Haha, that didn't keep me from harassing Brad! Sorry Brad!

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fiddy_ryder said:
whyd you take the color out of the pic?? did you end up changing it, or are you waiting to drop the bomb on everyone...?
Actually, the powder coater F'ed up the first time. This was the photo that he sent to decide if I wanted it redone. I still haven't seen it after it was fixed. Apparently they completely stripped it with chemical and repowdered it.

·
Local Paperboy Hero
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Other Stuff

Some of you guys were asking about the Atomlab SS hub. Here are some pics. It was a pain for a while... I couldn't get the 18t off that came with it. But, Atomlab hooked me up with a new cassette body free of charge.

Atomlab Aircorp front hub, Mavic 721s, DMR Motos

Here is the rear hub with the cog threaded on

Here is the rear without the cog

Here is the old cassette driver piece with the 18 on it (notice the double engagement pins, I think that is part of the reason the hub is so loud). I wish I would have realized earlier that this hub accepts aftermarket bmx ss drivers. That would have saved me some time.

Here are some other goodies. Sic Chase Bars, Sic stem, Odyssey Wombolts, Drive Pro sealed pedals.

I really wanted to go with a BMX stem. But, I also wanted some light 3" rise bars. There's not a lot out there, so I went with Sic. Hopefully, there will be some more options soon.

Crappy pic, but I've been working on one foot flatties...

Peace.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
snaky69 said:
Haha, that didn't keep me from harassing Brad! Sorry Brad!
I also do not run a resturant and tortilla factory :thumbsup:

I have known Oscar for a long time and all the products he makes are top notch !
Cru you will not be disapointed with the bike he built for you .

Oscar knows his stuff and it shows in his work :thumbsup:

I also just noticed we both have the same frame jig :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.