Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silverton Mountain Freeride Gravity Fest Right After Durango NORBA Finals August 29 (Sun. evening party) and 30th (Mon. event day)- The Silverton Mountain Freeride Gravity Fest will have riders judging their fellow riders on 1)Style, 2)Going BIG and 3) Flow. Points are to be deducted for 1)Skidding, 2)Loss of Control and 3)Crashing. The format is simple. Ride and kill it during the morning hours while observing your fellow riders on the trails. Later in the day all riders vote for 'The Best at The Fest'. Best at The Fest goes home with the Grand Prize! Then ride some more.

The night before the event there is a Gravity Fest Party starting at 8pm with free Ska Beer at the Explorers Club in Silverton. Get registered for the event and party with the live entertainment. Entry to the event is only $18 and includes the Sunday Night Party. Plenty of free camping in the Silverton area. Come ride and perhaps you will be the Best at The Fest!

Several New Trails Opened Since Downhill Frenzy Race, all with loads of stunts.http://www.silvertonmountain.com/gallery/

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
That looks awsome. I wish i had trails like that where i live. I live in a desert but i am building secretive log rides on my local mountain. I cant build ladders and such because they will get torn down in a heart beat and that sucks. Stupid hippies!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are lucky to have private property, a chairlift serving 2,000 vertical and dedication to building the best stunts around, on our all downhill expert only trails.-A

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know people coming to the Fest? I have to figure out how many kegs to order for the free Best Night before.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
Yo Silverton, what's with the silence about your town's newest resident?

I hear he's been working with you guys to develop some really nice stuff there at the Mtn.

I only mention this because he was just visiting us Missoula, Montana folks last week and kept asking us,

WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO SILVERTON?

tell Dusty's brother that Agent O says hey.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Would that be the resident hosting the clinics for $50?

I'd like to do that even though Im not that much of a "that type" of rider, it'd be definitely intersting to rip it up with him though.

Wish I could go to the Freeride Fest, but those b.astards on the schoolboard made me start school today.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's true. Josh Bender is in the house. Great guy, and super motivated to build the best trails possible at Silverton. Lucky to have him here helping out. Anyone who ever said this guy doesn't trail ride is full of it. He trail rides as much as possible, even xc on dh bike.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
i wanna go....maybe next season.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Silverton Mt said:
Anyone know people coming to the Fest? I have to figure out how many kegs to order for the free Best Night before.
Well, I'll need *at least* a keg for me and the dawg....

So, is lift service included in the $18, or is that just for the party?

Furthermore, it seems that this "competition" is not formal in anyway, ie; I could be riding the mountain that day and be "competing" and not even know it. Right?

Furtherstill, I know Silverton isn't usually open on Mondays, is it gonna be regular 9-3 hours?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Best deal ever (at Silverton Mt anyway)! $18 Includes all day lift served riding, and party night before with free beer. Need to register to win, so we know who you are.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I forgot to mention, regular hours 9-3:30 on Monday 30th for event and also on Labor day Mon Sept 6th. Spent all day building excellent new stunts. 7' Ladder drop in the woods with an optinal 7' high elevated log ride to 6' drop. New pics tommorow if all goes well.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Holy shite...

I gotta hand it to whomever the braintrust is at silverton. I read an article about the land access issues a long time ago and thought how killer it would be if it all went through, and that was for skiing/boarding. Little did I expect that there were plans to make it THE biking destination in the lower 48... Good on ya, whoever it is.

·
injured reserve list
618 Posts
Silverton Mt said:
I'm there!!! Sorry I couldn't talk to ya more last year @Northstar when you were there. I had issues with the melon after my crash in front of you. I can't wait to ride there again after Durango. Oh yeah, can we register the day/night before @ the Fest?

C.Quintero

1 - 20 of 42 Posts