Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Silver's bike park trails are purpose built for mtn fun. Schweitzer's are just a bunch of chunk. However, Schweitzer does have fantastic single track that you can pedal up to from the lift, ride all the way into town, then bus shuttle up to the area again. Depends what you want, a single track experience or a bike park experience.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Have any of you been to Silver this week? Is there still snow at the top or has it all melted off by now? I saw a YouTube from opening day two weeks ago that showed snow and muck up top and the narrator said there were several trails not yet open.

Update: Someone representing Silver Mountain said that it's all clear (as of 6/22/20).

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Bump

My bike gang and I have planned to go to Silver Mountain again this weekend. We just found out however that there will be a moto event going on and Chair 3 won't be open. So my question is, when they close chair 3 this weekend for the moto event will they also close the runs below it? Or, would we be allowed to ride the trails below chair 3 (Frankenbeans, Baby Swiss, Snake Pit, etc.) then head all the way down to the resort base via Moose Knuckle trail and ridge road? This is a long shot question, but what they hey.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
what I read on the silver instagram is that only the very first part of snake pit will be closed and all other trails open, nothing else about chair 3 being closed
Yeah, I had messaged and called them about it and they said our biking plans should be minimally impacted except for a longer line first thing in the morning as the race spectators head up top in the gondola.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
It sounds like the biking will be fine. I'm now more concerned about being able to get a table at a restaurant. They told me they have 525 registered racers, and I'm assuming that a lot of them will have people with them.

·
beater
6,133 Posts
It sounds like the biking will be fine. I'm now more concerned about being able to get a table at a restaurant. They told me they have 525 registered racers, and I'm assuming that a lot of them will have people with them.
That's a legit concern. There were 365 racers at NAEC and most of the restaurants and coffee shops are understaffed. We ate on the patio at Noah's a lot. But since we were working the race our hours were a little out of sync from the rest of the crowd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.