Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
just rub some dirt on it
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my second bike. I bought the frame new from some of my friends that worked at a LBS in 92' or 93'. They had wrenched the previous couple of years up at Mammoth and met someone from Silver Arrow International and had a hook up. Don't really know a whole lot about the frame or the company. I think they might have been from NorCal? Don't know if the frame was made here in the US or not either. What I do know is that this bike has been my main ride for about 13 years and has 1000's of miles on it and is still riding great...the welds are perfect fish scale welds...I will never get rid of this bike. When I built it up it was 7speed, canti brakes, Manatou III fork...........upgraded to 8 speed, V-brake, Judy SL in about 96-97'.....it had 1 1/4 headset and has been reduced to 1 1/8 when the Judy died and was replaced with what I could get for nothing. Anyone know anything about this company? The first pic is of the headtube sticker....second is pic of first build!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was my second bike. I bought the frame new from some of my friends that worked at a LBS in 92' or 93'. They had wrenched the previous couple of years up at Mammoth and met someone from Silver Arrow International and had a hook up. Don't really know a whole lot about the frame or the company. I think they might have been from NorCal? Don't know if the frame was made here in the US or not either. What I do know is that this bike has been my main ride for about 13 years and has 1000's of miles on it and is still riding great...the welds are perfect fish scale welds...I will never get rid of this bike. When I built it up it was 7speed, canti brakes, Manatou III fork...........upgraded to 8 speed, V-brake, Judy SL in about 96-97'.....it had 1 1/4 headset and has been reduced to 1 1/8 when the Judy died and was replaced with what I could get for nothing. Anyone know anything about this company? The first pic is of the headtube sticker....second is pic of first build!
Hey Skully, I too have one of the Silver Arrow frames. I really like the frame, geometry is good and I've been unable to break it despite breaking many other frames of different brands. They were imported into California from Taiwan. There was a Chinese guy living just outside San Francisco importing these frames along with loads of parts, I once went with him to Mammouth for a nationals event, we had a booth and raced for the Silver Arrow team.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.