Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put a set of lock jaws on my bike (and they are sweet) but here is my silly anal question. Does anyone know of anyone who makes a large ended plug that would fit on the end (and cover the exposed metal lock-ons so that my bars don't scratch up my car whenever I lean it up next to it?

If nothing is out there I'm sure I can fasten something up myself but figured I'd ask in case anyone else had solved this problem.

·
Registered
804 Posts
berrywise said:
I finally put a set of lock jaws on my bike (and they are sweet) but here is my silly anal question. Does anyone know of anyone who makes a large ended plug that would fit on the end (and cover the exposed metal lock-ons so that my bars don't scratch up my car whenever I lean it up next to it?

If nothing is out there I'm sure I can fasten something up myself but figured I'd ask in case anyone else had solved this problem.
They typically come with plugs that do exactly what you are talking about.

http://www.odigrips.com/ep_lockplug.htm

·
They say I have a problem
460 Posts
Me Too...

006_007 said:
Must be a realatively new thing, as my last set I purchased about 2 years ago did not have them.
I've bought a number of sets and the last ones, bought this spring, were the first to come with plugs...

Rich

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I'm set to go

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out we sell them ourselves at the distrubtor I work for. I guess the company we just bought out had a few in stock and when I was walking around looking for stuff to put in a promo flyer I spied them. How crazy is that. Only had two sets left.

Just to note the ones I got are marked "thug plugs" and are for BMX use.

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
When I bought my Rouge Kit it came with the plugs. Make sure you really tighten down the screw on the plug. They fall off very easily. I lost one on my bike about a year ago and just recently I found another plug on the side of the trail. It was pretty new also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.