Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm the new cherry on the forum. Been ridding bikes for a while but I havent messed with all the tech stuff.
Last week I got a Specialized Rockhopper Pro 29er and today I bought a Sigma 1009 STS wireless Comp. to mount on the bike.

Do you know what numbers to plug in? When I look at the manual it dont show the wheel size that equals to the numbers.
The tire on the bike(Specialized The Captain) says 52-622 on the side does it translate to a 700x??? Wheel size or something?

Any help would be helpful, thanks everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
magestyk said:
Hi everyone, I'm the new cherry on the forum. Been ridding bikes for a while but I havent messed with all the tech stuff.
Last week I got a Specialized Rockhopper Pro 29er and today I bought a Sigma 1009 STS wireless Comp. to mount on the bike.

Do you know what numbers to plug in? When I look at the manual it dont show the wheel size that equals to the numbers.
The tire on the bike(Specialized The Captain) says 52-622 on the side does it translate to a 700x??? Wheel size or something?

Any help would be helpful, thanks everyone. :)
Do a tire rollout for the actual distance you need. The computer instructions should outline how to do it, or go here: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/cyclecomputer-calibration.html

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Using the roll out method is best for accuracy, but just for arguments sake lets just take 29" x 3.14 = 91.11". Then take 91.11" x 25.4mm/inch = 2314...this is your figure for Km/h on Sigma computers. To get the correct figure for Mph, you then take 2314 x .62 (miles per Km) = 1435...this should be the correct figure for Sigma computers set up in Mph. I've owned three Sigma computers and this is how they all worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.