Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone running the Sigma BC 1200 + RDS, do you know if this unit supports stem mounting? Their instructions seem to indicate a stem mounting option for the wired version but I can't tell if it's the case for the wireless RDS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have one and the answer is no

Wireless wont work with stem mount due to the wireless unit configuration. There is no way for the overhanging wireless unit to fit on a stem, unfortunately.

·
Forging Elite Awesomeness
772 Posts
Red, did you have to get the RDS because the wired versions sensor doesn't get close enough to the magnet? I have a 1600 RDS only because the sensor doesn't get "5mm" from the magnet on my Xmax wheels. "Fits all bikes" my a$$. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upandatem said:
Red, did you have to get the RDS because the wired versions sensor doesn't get close enough to the magnet? I have a 1600 RDS only because the sensor doesn't get "5mm" from the magnet on my Xmax wheels. "Fits all bikes" my a$$. ;)
Sorry, no I was only looking at it from a stem mount perspective.

·
"Mr. Britannica"
1,818 Posts
Red Rider said:
For anyone running the Sigma BC 1200 + RDS, do you know if this unit supports stem mounting? Their instructions seem to indicate a stem mounting option for the wired version but I can't tell if it's the case for the wireless RDS.

Thanks!
If you're looking for a wireless computer that can be stem-mounted, the cateye cordless 7 has an optional stem mount... it's only $2.40 from cateye.com and shipping is only another $1.98

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roadiegonebad said:
If you're looking for a wireless computer that can be stem-mounted, the cateye cordless 7 has an optional stem mount... it's only $2.40 from cateye.com and shipping is only another $1.98
Thanks for the tip. I also noticed Cateye has a new model, Cateye Micro CC-MC100W that includes a stem mount adapter. Can't seem to find any feedback or reviews on it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.