Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is just me or is this forum boring now? How are we supposed to get to know each other's personalities if we can't joke around with each other or risk being moderated? And I'm not just talking about my stupid jokes, I mean everyone in general.

sigh :(

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
It's a beautiful, warm spring morning and a man and his wife are spending the day at the zoo. She's wearing a cute, loose-fitting, pink spring dress, sleeveless with straps. He's wearing his normal jeans and a T-shirt. The zoo is not very busy this morning.As they walk through the ape exhibit, they pass in front of a very large hairy gorilla. Noticing the woman, the gorilla goes ape. He jumps up on the bars, and holding on with one hand (and 2 feet), he grunts and pounds his chest with his free hand. He is obviously excited at the pretty lady in the wavy dress. The husband, noticing the excitement, thinks this is funny. He suggests that his wife teases the poor fellow some more. The husband suggests she pucker her lips, wiggle her bottom at him, and play along. She does, and Mr. Gorilla gets even more excited, making noises that would wake the dead. Then the husband suggests that she let one of her straps fall to show a little more skin. She does, and Mr. Gorilla is about to tear the bars down. "Now try lifting your dress up your thighs and sort of fan it at him." he says. This drives the gorilla absolutely crazy and now he's doing flips. Then the husband nabs his wife by the hair, rips open the door to the cage, slings her into the cage with the gorilla and slams the cage door shut. "Now, tell HIM you have a headache . . . "

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
A man and his friend were hunting deer in rural Missouri near a blacktop highway.

A huge buck walked by and the hunter carefully drew his bow and took careful aim.

Before he could release his arrow, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing on the road below their stand.

The hunter slowly let off the pressure on his bow, took off his hat, bowed his head and closed his eyes in prayer.

His friend was amazed. "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You are the kindest man I have ever known."

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 35 years."

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
A little boy comes home from school and tells his father that his homework assignment is to find out the difference between “potentially” and “realistically.”

“Easy,” says his father. “First, ask Mom if she’d sleep with the mailman for a million dollars.”

The boy runs off, then comes back and says, “She said yes.”

“Now go ask your sister the same question,” advises the father.

Again the boy runs off, and again he comes back and says, “She said yes.”

“So, potentially, we’re sitting on two million dollars,” replies the father. “But, realistically, we’re living with a pair of whores.”

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.downhillfaster. said:
It's just you :D .

The only things being moderated lately are SPAM advertisements, and blatant flaming crap (which there has been very little of).

What you need to realize is that in 80% of the US right now (anywhere except AZ, CA & NV) it's not really riding season anymore :( , and most everyone has hung up their bikes in favor of boards or skis or indoor sports...it's just the winter lull, so don't blame it on "being moderated". That's just not true.

DHF'r
Well from my perspective when I first started reading/posting here about a year ago, there were more fun/funny/interesting threads to read. Lately it seems like a lot more people are complaining about being moderated and the posts are boring because funny posts are being removed. I don't blame that on the weather 'cause it's the same people posting as it's always been. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dude hello did u read my stp brake jack thread? FVCKING HILARIOUS!! :D

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
It's just you :D .

The only things being moderated lately are SPAM advertisements, and blatant flaming crap (which there has been very little of).

What you need to realize is that in 80% of the US right now (anywhere except AZ, CA & NV) it's not really riding season anymore :( , and most everyone has hung up their bikes in favor of boards or skis or indoor sports...it's just the winter lull, so don't blame it on "being moderated". That's just not true.

DHF'r
Agreed Eric. I think I've only moderated like twice in the last week, as in, I've only done anything just about twice in the last week besides post/lurk here. I know at first we were deleting all sorts of crap just to get a hold of the reigns here :p but now that we've taken the thrown it's much more lax and we just don't feel obligated to do much on things that aren't bike related (besides blatantly stupid stuff, spam, flaming, etc...) so if you think about it, it is a pretty loose environment.

And as Eric said, it's all snowy in half the US right now, so people aren't biking as much and have swapped for their planks and boards. :p

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Pirate????

.downhillfaster. said:
Aaaaarrrggggghhhhh me matey...he be lookin' a little more older than 15...this picture be but 3 days old...

*(done in my best pirate voice)
I don't know, Eric...looks more like an Alqeda terrorist to me. Dang...where's Delta Force when you need them. :D Are you gonna post up some written material detailing this weekend of debauchery later on? I want to hear the part about the bedroom doorknob that only has a lock on the outside that EIO is always talking about.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
TNC said:
I don't know, Eric...looks more like an Alqeda terrorist to me. Dang...where's Delta Force when you need them. :D Are you gonna post up some written material detailing this weekend of debauchery later on? I want to hear the part about the bedroom doorknob that only has a lock on the outside that EIO is always talking about.
You got to get those kids when there still young & drunk, whip that old t-shirt on their head & walla capin terrorist :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.