Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be doing some rides in the Sierras this summer. Will be south of Tahoe and on the eastern side of the Sierras. Aside from the usual tools, tubes/tire, water, snacks I will be taking. Any suggestions on other helpful items to carry on the rides?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Caffeine tablets. On long rides a nibble off one gets me perked up & alert. Use Theanine (a caffeine antidote) to come down in case caffeine keeps you awake pat bedtime.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Mosquito repellent.

Masterlinks for the chain.

Water purification tablets.

First aid kit.

Emergency blanket.

Peanut butter & honey sammy.

Blow up doll.

And it's Sierra, not Sierras.

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,581 Posts
Not knowing where you are riding, your ability, or background, I'd say all the aforementioned, plus maybe a map. At least download the portion of the Sierra you intend on riding on trailforks prior to entering the back country. On long rides, be prepared for rain, heat, wind, hike a bike, out of water, out of food, too much water, too much food, lack of beer, lack of cell reception and this year, snow.... Lot's of snow..

If you are going to Mammoth, make sure to bring your WALLET with plenty of $$$$$

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be in the Bear Valley area. Mostly doing day rides, but better to be prepared. Sometimes **** just happens. May stop and do a little fishing in some of the alpine lakes.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Mosquito repellent.

Masterlinks for the chain.

Water purification tablets.

First aid kit.

Emergency blanket.

Peanut butter & honey sammy.

Blow up doll.

And it's Sierra, not Sierras.
Forget the blow up doll. Just look for love in the right places

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.