Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buyine a pair of SIDIs but am unsure of the size, how do they fit?

I usually wear a 91/2 or a 43 but have a pair of Specialized shoes 10/44 that are now too short and a pair of northwave 43 that fit well.

any thoughts on what size SIDI 44?

·
Registered
470 Posts
hovdeboj said:
I'm considering buyine a pair of SIDIs but am unsure of the size, how do they fit?

I usually wear a 91/2 or a 43 but have a pair of Specialized shoes 10/44 that are now too short and a pair of northwave 43 that fit well.

my only response is all my regular everyday shoes are size 10 and my Sidis are a 44 and my Lake winter shoes are a 44. I think a sidi 44 would be too large if you wear a 9 1/2 but you should try them on.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
unless they've changed a lot...

I prefer the narrow toe box of the Sidi type shoes which is to say I don't like the roomy toe box of Nike or Shimano shoes.

some of the shoes I wear if it helps you...

Running... Adidas Boston's 9.5/43

XC Skiing... Solomon Pilots 41 1/3 EU

Soccer... Adidas indoor 42, outdoor 43

Road cycling... 1988 Sidis 43
......................Vittoria Raider 43
......................Time ? 43

ATB shoes... Answer Speeders 43

Motocycle boots... Sidi On Road Sympatex 42
........................... Sidi Vertigos 43

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
shiggy said:
. You have to try them on to know which size fits you, or even if they will fit your feet at all.
That about covers it. I fit in the Sidi 48 but not the Specialized, Shimano or Lake 48s. Go figger. Manufacturer differences are quite annoying. Unfortunately I got stuck that the more expensive maker is what fits me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the size comparisons. SIDIs are few and far between here especially in the dead of winter, i could have the LBS order them in special but that carries a premium price and is a pain for them to ensure enough selection to get a good fit. That leaves either mail order/e-bay or an 8 hour road trip to try on a few.

Thanks again

·
Your bike sucks
2,475 Posts
I wear an 11 in everything and I wear 45 Mega in Sidi (even a 45 in their motorcycle boots). 44 sounds large for a 9.5.....But it's definately a "try before you buy" issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well I was in Calgary over the weekend and had a chance to try on a few pair.

the 43 was too small and the 45 was too big for both the Lake and Sidi mtb shoes. they were out of 44s in both for mtb but the 44 lake in a road shoe fit well and the Sidi road shoe in a 44 was close but could have been a hair longer on the right foot which is long than the left by <1/8". standard width for the 43 and 44 was bang on.

does anyone know if the sizing is more generous (length in the toes) for mtb shoes than for road shoew or vice versa. otherwise the best fit may be either the 44.5 lorica or 44 leather (with a little stretch)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Don't risk a bad fit

hovdeboj said:
Well I was in Calgary over the weekend and had a chance to try on a few pair.

the 43 was too small and the 45 was too big for both the Lake and Sidi mtb shoes. they were out of 44s in both for mtb but the 44 lake in a road shoe fit well and the Sidi road shoe in a 44 was close but could have been a hair longer on the right foot which is long than the left by <1/8". standard width for the 43 and 44 was bang on.

does anyone know if the sizing is more generous (length in the toes) for mtb shoes than for road shoew or vice versa. otherwise the best fit may be either the 44.5 lorica or 44 leather (with a little stretch)
Shoe makers sometimes use a different "last" (form) for their mtn shoes and road shoes.
I'd wait and try on a pair of 43.5, 44, and 44.5 in the Sidi mtn shoe.
I'd really not count on any shoe "stretching"....
The shoe either fits or it doesn't.
Nothing worse than shoes that don't fit, especially expensive ones. They'll bug you for years or until you throw them away.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I've been all over the place with Sidi's and others in terms of the size number, especially as my feet have gotten a bit wider and longer over the years. At one point, 15 years ago, I wore a 42.5 Sidi (pre-Mega but the width wasn't an issue then) and a 9 or 9.5 D US size street shoe; I gave up on Sidi's but wear a 46 Lake mtn shoe and 11.5 E street shoe now.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
hovdeboj said:

I've used size 44 in both Shimano (M038) and Sidi. The Shimano's shrunk after getting soaked so they were slightly tighter. My big toe doesn't like being cramped and has been doing great in the Sidi (regarding other comment about tight toe area).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those that care and for others that might be shopping.

I tried on a pair of Sidi Bullets in a 44 at an out of town LBS and they fit like a glove. However they wanted $230 Cdn. The Cheapest I've seen them in Canada is at MEC for around $170 Cdn. so I took the plunge and got a pair off e-bay. $84.00 US brand new in box. With exchange, shipping, tax and duty total was just under $140 Cdn. Cant wait to ride them, (its -30 at the moment so it will have to be on the Minoura)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.