Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear a 16 size shoe and purchased the 51 sidi dominator 5's. My question is since they run narrow and my foot is a little on the wide side has anyone had clearance problems with there crank arms. I wont have my bike for awhile but have the pedals and shoes and when I clip the pedal to the shoe and stand on the floor it looks like my foot will hit the crank arm. I was wondering if the Mega's have more of an offset or if anyone has had this issue. I would just wait for my bike but I have to return the shoes within 30 days for a refund. And since I bought them online I cant really ask a sales guy. They seem to fit, they are just really snug.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wear size 50 of the Dominator 5's and have not had any problems with the crank arm clearance. The pedals I use are the Shimano PD-M540 and they give me plenty of clearance.

·
rock crusher
257 Posts
I have 52 Dominators, and Diadora Jalapenos, which should be similar in width to your 51's. No issues here at all with crank clearance. However, I tend to always bias my cleats towards the medial (inside) part of the shoe. This can give you ample additional clearance. I would be more concerned about chainstay clearance with your bigguns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.