Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a free pair of Conti Twister Pros from a friend... :D

So I took my trusty hardtail up snow summit last weekend to try em out... was a bit rocky in some sections... tried my best to pick my line but must have ran over a couple anyway and made a couple of shallow cuts on the sidewall... :(

Just wanted to know if it'll cut through next time i take it out... :confused: The front didnt have any but the rear had a couple all around... :(

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
Fuggettaboutit

RiDE said:
Just wanted to know if it'll cut through next time i take it out... :confused:
I wouldn't worry about it. I've got nicks like that all over my tires. If it bugs you, clean out the nick real good and apply some ShoeGoo or similar rubber repair product.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
On the spot repair

RiDE said:
I got a free pair of Conti Twister Pros from a friend... :D

So I took my trusty hardtail up snow summit last weekend to try em out... was a bit rocky in some sections... tried my best to pick my line but must have ran over a couple anyway and made a couple of shallow cuts on the sidewall... :(

Just wanted to know if it'll cut through next time i take it out... :confused: The front didnt have any but the rear had a couple all around... :(

Is best handled by using a patch on the inside of the tire. It works for a while but the tire really needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it normally wouldnt bother me but some of the reviews Ive read about the Twisters is that they have thin sidewalls... :(

There's about 12 cuts or nicks on the rear tire on the right side alone... about 10 on the left.

Thanks anyway guys. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts