Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new V4 Ripley on the way. I’ve never been a fan of having a water bottle mounted to the frame but I think I’d like to give it a try. I’ll be on an XL Ripley. What sideload cages and bottles work best without allowing the bottle to contact the seattube? Are they going to stay put if I throw a table top or tail whip Or should I expect to be chasing my water bottle down the trail? Thx!

· Registered
317 Posts
Ibis bikes are designed to work best with the Arundel Side Loader. I'm sure plenty of other brands would work, though.
It seems like the census is for Arundel! I think most brands don't work! I tried four on my V1 Ripmo, stripped a bolt and nicked my frame in the process. The best so far is Lezyne but not sure if that's enough clearance. I have the Arundel flip flop on order which is actually cheap - around $20 ( non Carbon). I'll see how that works.

Funny, just like the OP, I haven't used a water bottle in years and been using a hydration pack, for the same reasons. I thought I'd try it and found it's liberating not to have that pack on my back!...LOL. I'll see if I can get something to work...hopefully.

· Turns right, slides left
848 Posts
anyone have a recommendation for a side loader cage that can fit a 24-26 oz bottle?
An alternative albeit more expensive option to the Lezyne is the Side Loader by King Cages. It mounts lower on the frame than the Lezyne maximizing the space for a bottle. Here is the King on my Wife's Small Mojo 3 and she can fit a 26oz Specialized Purist without any issues!

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
71 Posts
Any more info on that second bottle setup? looks sweet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.