Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building up an 96 steel Stumpjumper frame. Today I came across an 08 sid Team that was a take off. Hints the steer had been cut but the fork had not been ridden on. Anyway I need a 80mm fork so I "forked" over $225 bucks for it. (screaming deal) Anyway I'm not a light rider. Say around 220 and working on hitting under 200lbs this summer. This bike will not see any hard use. Just gravel roads, light trails (ie no drops) and touring on pavement. So ya all think the sid will hold up ok. I was thinking about selling it on ebay and buying a Manitou R7 MRD Absolute, or fox f80. Any suggestions guys and gals?

R

·
Registered
290 Posts
Geeze, great deal! I weigh around 185 + gear and I have no problems with the my '09 SID (same as your '08). The new SID is basically a lighter version of the Reba, so I wouldn't worry one bit about it's durability.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am under 190 lbs, and have a 2007 SID. No problems at all.
May be a little flexing, but that's the usual with 28 mm stanchion forks.

PS: I got mine for $250.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool. Thanks guys. Think I will keep it. Can't wait to get the rest of the parts for my stumpy project. I want to ride!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.