Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a Gary Fisher Sugar 2 with SID Rock Shox front fork. Is the air valve for the shock normally recessed? I took my bike in for a tune up and the guy working on it thinks the shock is broken but I am pretty sure the valve has always been recessed and he just needs the adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
Jake

·
Registered
60 Posts
sid

right side stock with the little flush mount cap. the valve is recessed (sorry its blurry, i can try again if you need)

the left side valve was replaced because the extension of the pump broke off in it. i have since been told that they don't make the replacement valves (top fork tube) anymore due to the age of the forks.

picture of the caps and the pump with extension... self explanitory. left side needs it, the right side doesn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea that is what mine looks like. i need to get one of those adapters since my friend at the bike shop doesn't have one and my bike is just sitting with no air in the shock now. it is very depressing not having my bike in working order.

thanks a ton!

·
Premium Member
6,482 Posts
jakeb3482 said:
yea that is what mine looks like. i need to get one of those adapters since my friend at the bike shop doesn't have one and my bike is just sitting with no air in the shock now. it is very depressing not having my bike in working order.

thanks a ton!
If you can't find one, pm me, I believe I have one laying around in my tool drawer. Most bike shops should have one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts