Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 04 SID World Cup with the remote lock out. When I first had it installed, the lockout was a TRUE LOCK OUT - there was zero movement in the forks.

Now, about 50 miles of moderate xc riding (no drops over a 18" at 155 pound rider weight) there is about a 3/4 inch movement when in lockout mode.

Any suggestions? (I'm running 110 positive and 85 negative).

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I would appreciate people refrain from the "shoulda bought a fox" comments :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
buddy has Psylo w/ lockout. firstly it was working great but then he drop few feets on lockout and it started to move. i think its just some kind of wear out ot smth. its RockShox, what do ya want from it? :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
no hes riding with it. thats not the main problem. the biggest thing is that his rebound adjustment doesnt work and it looks like theres no oil inside or the cartridge is blown or smth. no compression, too fast rebound, smth wrong with adjustable compression lever. only thing left working is u-turn. ya, RockSux. dont know hows your Sid working, it should perform better.. maybe..

·
Registered
858 Posts
514Climber said:
Hello,

I have a 04 SID World Cup with the remote lock out. When I first had it installed, the lockout was a TRUE LOCK OUT - there was zero movement in the forks.

Now, about 50 miles of moderate xc riding (no drops over a 18" at 155 pound rider weight) there is about a 3/4 inch movement when in lockout mode.

Any suggestions? (I'm running 110 positive and 85 negative).

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I would appreciate people refrain from the "shoulda bought a fox" comments :D
Hellow fellow weight weenie :p ....

Your problem isnt Air Pressures, you could give any value and it would make a difference in this situation. RockShox Pure Damper/ lockout... is an Oil Damping system.

Anyways, the route of your problem is one of either two things.

Air in the system: This will cause the fork to not lockout at all (not what your experiencing) and make a "squishing" noise when the fork is compressed- Simple solution is to take off the top cap and re-bleed the pure damper as per the Pure Service manual.

Amount of Oil: This sounds like your problem, the oil is simply too low, which means the fork will only lockout when compressed to a certain level.

To top it up is simple, take off the lockout/climb-it control, unscrew the lockout rod and slowly pour some oil in. (fill till it comes out the hole the lockout rod was in). Place the lockout rod in hole, and let it slide down by its self, this will cause some oil to leak out, but it will also force the air out. screw up the lockout rod, fully (finger tight) and compress fork... Should now be locked out. Re install other fittings (RC, knob etc...)

Hope that helps, and is clear enough PM me or email me (through the board) if you have any troubles, or find my rushed instructions abit difficult to disypher.

-Cul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts