Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Up in Truckee. . . It's been snowing for three days straight. I've seen about 3 pile up since this morning, we had about 2 more overnight as well. All I can do is look at it.

How long's it been raining there? When we drove up here last thursday we left at 3 in the AM went up through Prescott and hit some pretty gnar storms, snow down and into Vegas. Looking forward to coming back to some tacky trails.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Rode today midday...thought I had a two-hour window, but was off by one hour, so the second half of the ride was in POURING rain...but it turned out to be AWESOME...very cool and fun...and the colors are coming out...at least green...

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
LOVING the rain. Nothing like that splash as you bomb through those puddles. Rode Hawes this afternoon, and came home with sand and mud in my teeth. Doesn't get much better than that . :cornut:

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
Rain in AZ is like the sun in Seattle. All the natives perk up and get out of their funk.

Also, riding after the rain is like a powder day in Colorado. That's when the effortless, superhuman turns happen...

I'm feeling great. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Truckee Trash said:
Up in Truckee. . . It's been snowing for three days straight. I've seen about 3 pile up since this morning, we had about 2 more overnight as well. All I can do is look at it.

How long's it been raining there? When we drove up here last thursday we left at 3 in the AM went up through Prescott and hit some pretty gnar storms, snow down and into Vegas. Looking forward to coming back to some tacky trails.
Wanna make some turns this week? Will be around sunday - wednesday.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am!

AKA Monkeybutt said:
Already sick of the rain. Just throwin' that out there.
ME! I got ready to ride today thinking I may have a few hour window but nope it started in again so I didn't go.

I'm going to waterproof my stuff really just need some waterproof pants - and then I'm going to start riding in it! :)

Tiff

·
Registered
589 Posts
AKA Monkeybutt said:
I know we need the rain, I guess I'm just spoiled by all the sunshine we typically get.
Yep! But a window today would have been nice. I got new Magura brakes for xmas, Will even put them on today for me so I wanted to try them out!.. Oh well, tomorrow should be nicer I think.

Tiff

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
I love having some rain but it is kinda making it hard to ride as much (really get spoiled with not having to wash the bike every time I go out). It also is great for building jumps but it was too wet to get much done today. I did get one more section nearly done before giving up.

·
Fly High!
1,104 Posts
I pedaled up to the saddle around 3 Xmas day and It was perfect! almost seemed like it was ment to be! only saw one hiker the whole way! around 4 there was fog covering the whole saddle!

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Rain is glorious! I miss it and have been doing everything I can to be in it.

I'm going to bring this thread back when it's 108 outside and say I log for these days again.

Can't wait to move back to some good weather.....long time from now though....bummer!

·
Nothing can stop me now
1,045 Posts
this weather hugs to quote the gin blossoms

Once the Phoenix Open gets here the weather will be back to being good again

Should be a good riding on Monday afternoon though.

Quad bypass weather should be good too.

Bobo. Back to wii bowling......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.