Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the mud ever going to go away in the Pittsburgh area? I don't mind riding in it, but I hate cleaning the bike afterwards. Boyce Park is a mess, and Hartwood Acres is a mess. All the more reasons to ride "urban". I know we live in the northeast, but the past couple of seasons have been really wet. Is anyone else feeling my woes, or am I just a big cry baby?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I live in SEPA otside of Philly and the trails here are really muddy in short sections even after no rain for a month (Probably not going to happen here for a while). I hate the mud. I was just on a trail last weekend and it was just not possible to ride through the thick 5 inch deep mud so I gave up and went back to the road and just rode around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bikeboyjeff said:
Is the mud ever going to go away in the Pittsburgh area? I don't mind riding in it, but I hate cleaning the bike afterwards. Boyce Park is a mess, and Hartwood Acres is a mess. All the more reasons to ride "urban". I know we live in the northeast, but the past couple of seasons have been really wet. Is anyone else feeling my woes, or am I just a big cry baby?
I was just out at Hartwood this past weekend and it was still very muddy. I guess all this rain is going to be arround for a while too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I hear you! I'm sick of the mud.You ride the cold frozen sh*t all winter waiting for spring
and summer and then Western PA gives you the typical cloudy/showers EVERY DAY!!!! Thank goodness I went to discs this year. Last year I blew through a set of rims
and about 9 pairs of v-brake pads! I gotta get out of this city (Pittsburgh!) can't live with
it...can't live with it!

·
Burninator
75 Posts
I was riding in Schenley Park (I live in souf oaklin) and even the walking trails were a mess. Frick park is probably the same so I just rode on the paved trail to down town. Hopefully the next few days are rain free to dry things out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts