Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, alot of you have already seen these pedals because they are in the July decline mag. They are sick!! Just wanted to post this for people who haven't seen them yet. They are targeted towards street riders. http://tiogausa.com/monoblock.html
There is the monoblock XL and the regular monoblock. I have one question though... the regular(smaller) uses "Sealed cartridge w/ Bushing." The XL (larger) uses "Cartridge and Needle Bearings." Whats better? Anyway, I'll leave a pic and the link is already above.

Attachments

·
Pro Crastinator
11,936 Posts
those pedals look like they totally suck. no concave, no centrally located pins. if trial an error experience has taught me anything, those pedals would have sh!tty grip despite their look. besides, they look like a jr high school shop project...........

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i'll stay with my Syncros Mentals. i like the concavity on mine. those look too flat. plus i question how nice they will look after being scratched up with that polished surface. but whatever, they're cool. target price?

bushings can be great too. atom lab pedals are bushings and no bearings...i don't anticipate them being junk. i have not used mine yet so i cannot report.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
ever since i took my first look at those in decline....i have thought they look like they would suck....basically just a block of metal with pins sticking out. no concave....or shape what so ever. they are probably super heavy too. not for me but kind of cool. my tioga mx something or other pedals are awesome...just need to swap out the pins for the allen head type.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
man i need a new set of flats for street riding cause right now i'm just risking it and jumping clipped in cause my pedals are sh*t. of course it's extra scary tweakin the bike out and hoping your foot will go back into your pedal.

if these had some central grip on them i'd get em, but i think i'm going to have to look at the 50/50's cause i've always loved those... unless someone else has better ideas... and cheap is good for me! however not neccessary

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,762 Posts
Can't you take any pedal that has removable pins and put longer pins in?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.