Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came off my Flash. And I replaced it with a Hollowgram.

But to be honest it looks better than the Hollowgram on the bike.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
KleinAttitude said:
It came off my Flash. And I replaced it with a Hollowgram.

But to be honest it looks better than the Hollowgram on the bike.
seriously? i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It makes a big difference seeing it on the bike and for real.

The Hollowgram should come with a Carbon finish. Because its not that pleasing on the eye.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
These are older models, FSA made, not very impressive, heavier than the Hollowgrams too and not as adjustable/tunable. I have some too on my cross bike. I also think the Hollowgrams look 10x better...

·
Registered
496 Posts
dan, is it basically the k-force light crank rebranded as Si? despite it's weight, it still a great crank. i can't believe hollowgrams fetch $700+. or maybe i can...

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
No they're not rebranded K-Force, I think it's was built for Cannondale specifically but I'm not 100% sure about that. The first Carbon Si had issues, creaking, pedal threads separating from the carbon, the second design was better though. Mine has been trouble free.

The Hollowgram SL is very expensive but, it's the most advanced crankset on the market. Very stiff, very light, durable, beautiful work and I love that you can mix and match spindles and spiders. Contrary to most cranksets these days, you can tune it to have a better chainline, narrower stance by using different spindle widths, different spider offset, different chainring BCD... It's the king of cranks and there are a lot of machining time involved so the price is steep, but it is on a Porsche too. They can barely produce enough to meet demand so I'm guessing the price is right.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dan Gerous said:
No they're not rebranded K-Force, I think it's was built for Cannondale specifically but I'm not 100% sure about that. The first Carbon Si had issues, creaking, pedal threads separating from the carbon, the second design was better though. Mine has been trouble free.

The Hollowgram SL is very expensive but, it's the most advanced crankset on the market. Very stiff, very light, durable, beautiful work and I love that you can mix and match spindles and spiders. Contrary to most cranksets these days, you can tune it to have a better chainline, narrower stance by using different spindle widths, different spider offset, different chainring BCD... It's the king of cranks and there are a lot of machining time involved so the price is steep, but it is on a Porsche too. They can barely produce enough to meet demand so I'm guessing the price is right.
Its made by FSA and branded for Cannondale.

Basically it is a K-Force light or a very similar type. I think FSA had problems with the K-Force so Cannondale are using these instead.

Its still a very very nice crank.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HAL 9000 said:
you can buy em' on eBay all day long
I have yet to see HAL or DAN congratulate me on my new bike.

Ahhhh its lovely and gleaming sitting right here behind me. :D

Just waiting for the C64 saddle to go on. :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts