Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aussie Battler
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are planning to ride TRT from Mt Rose to Kingsbury (via Flume) next Friday. We have one car. What are our shuttle options??? I know about the Spooner to Mt Rose shuttle. Is there anyway of getting public transport from Kingsbury back to Spooner?? What about public transport from South Lake Tahoe to Mt Rose area??

·
Blanco
1,353 Posts
There is a BlueGo bus that will get you from Stateline (the bottom of Kingsbury) to Carson City via Spooner Summit, and the buses have a rack that can take two bikes...but it's $4/person and they don't leave very often.

Frankly, it'll be a lot easier if you can do Spooner/Kingsbury as an out-and-back so you just end up back at Spooner.

·
Registered
634 Posts
fatnold said:
The wife and I are planning to ride TRT from Mt Rose to Kingsbury (via Flume) next Friday. We have one car. What are our shuttle options??? I know about the Spooner to Mt Rose shuttle. Is there anyway of getting public transport from Kingsbury back to Spooner?? What about public transport from South Lake Tahoe to Mt Rose area??
wannaridetahoe.com They will shuttle you at whatever time you want. Costs more than public transit though.

·
Registered
434 Posts
El Caballo said:
There is a BlueGo bus that will get you from Stateline (the bottom of Kingsbury) to Carson City via Spooner Summit, and the buses have a rack that can take two bikes...but it's $4/person and they don't leave very often.

Frankly, it'll be a lot easier if you can do Spooner/Kingsbury as an out-and-back so you just end up back at Spooner.
are you sure they'll stop at Spooner? I'm almost positive they go straight to Carson City. I work w/ some transportation people and that's the consensus.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Keep going

fatnold said:
I used to do that ride. But it was pointed out to me that you can add some very nice downhill miles and subtract a lot of shuttling if you do Mt. Rose to Burger Kingsbury. See: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=637586 TahoeBC says you can catch the new TRT a bit before reaching Kingsbury.

Edit: there is a nice water pump near the toilets at Spooner Lake so you can refill your water about the half way point. Then you do not have to carry so much water.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
wannaridetahoe.com will also shuttle you to just about anywhere, I've contacted them on pricing for a future ride I'm planning and there definitely reasonable enough with a few people that I'd rather use them then spend a bunch of time doing car retrievals.

·
Blanco
1,353 Posts
amydalayna said:
are you sure they'll stop at Spooner? I'm almost positive they go straight to Carson City. I work w/ some transportation people and that's the consensus.
I'm 100% sure there isn't an official stop there...but I've never had a problem getting the BlueGo bus drivers to stop anywhere there is a safe place to pull over, even if it's not an "official" stop.

·
Aussie Battler
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to report, we booked a shuttle with Wannaridetahoe.com for this morning. We were picked up exactly on time, dropped exactly where we wanted. Excellent service!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts