Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Woohooo!
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I want to get a picture of how many people are coming and post directions to the meeting place. In order to ride with the people doing the DH shuttle, we'll all meet at 9:00am at Van Briggle Pottery in Colorado Springs. To get there take I-25 to the Cimarron Exit. Go West on Cimarron to 21st Street (about 2 miles) and take a left. Van Briggle is the large brick bulding on the southwest corner of Cimarron and 21st. We'll meet in the parking lot.

If you're coming, please let me know if you are going to do the climbing version that I am leading or the DH version that Kaimana is leading. Also, how many people and bikes can your car/truck hold? Is it a 4x4?

The conditions could be on the wetish side again--we got an inch and a half of rain last night with more forecast tonight. Please bring rain gear.

If you post here on the roll call and can't make it, please try and post here again on Saturday morning so I know not to expect you. Thanks!

See ya Saturday!
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Im up for the dh version most likely, either that or I'm probably going to hit Vail with snowskilz, depends on if he gets his Mono or not. Considering I dont have my license I cant exactly commit to holding bikes and people since as it is I'm gonna have to get either snowskilz or my mom to drive me down there. lol.
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
come on man...it'd be sweet to see your V-10 strapped on the front of a bus. It's all about the mass transit! :D
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
IN! Charlie (woodchuck) and me will be carpooling down together. I'll be driving my 4x4 explorer down. assuming just him and me inside, I can haul six bikes total.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
ibmkidIII said:
come on man...it'd be sweet to see your V-10 strapped on the front of a bus. It's all about the mass transit! :D
See...I'd be all for it but its more just kinda convincing my parents to let me do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
DH version-

Sprocket and I are in, we both have SUVs with trailers so 5-6 peeps and bikes, my trailer will make it up 379.

Ideally, we need one other vehicle that can haul all the DHers and bikes, unless we bum extra space off the climbers for the first shuttle.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
KaiMana said:
DH version-

Sprocket and I are in, we both have SUVs with trailers so 5-6 peeps and bikes, my trailer will make it up 379.

Ideally, we need one other vehicle that can haul all the DHers and bikes, unless we bum extra space off the climbers for the first shuttle.
snowskilz has a subaru baja, im sure we could just throw a bunch of people in the back of that or put some bikes into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
snowskilz has a subaru baja, im sure we could just throw a bunch of people in the back of that or put some bikes into it.
If he came we would be close, maybe have him drive first and we could but a bike or two on a different vehicle. Cause I doubt he can carry 4-5 guys and bikes?
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
doesnt the baja have 4 doors and then the little truck bed in the back? if so we could fit like 4 people inside and im sure we could flip the bikes upside down and line them up so maybe like 5 bikes...
 

·
Woohooo!
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That should be an option

KaiMana said:
unless we bum extra space off the climbers for the first shuttle.
That should be an option. I have three non-posting friends who are coming in 2 SUVs and a pickup truck so combined with Front Ranger and Woodchuck we should have a few spots (depending on how many people actually show).
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
KaiMana said:
If he came we would be close, maybe have him drive first and we could but a bike or two on a different vehicle. Cause I doubt he can carry 4-5 guys and bikes?
i can carry 4 ppl and 4 bikes
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
kristian said:
Hey everyone,

I want to get a picture of how many people are coming and post directions to the meeting place. In order to ride with the people doing the DH shuttle, we'll all meet at 9:00am at Van Briggle Pottery in Colorado Springs. To get there take I-25 to the Cimarron Exit. Go West on Cimarron to 21st Street (about 2 miles) and take a left. Van Briggle is the large brick bulding on the southwest corner of Cimarron and 21st. We'll meet in the parking lot.

If you're coming, please let me know if you are going to do the climbing version that I am leading or the DH version that Kaimana is leading. Also, how many people and bikes can your car/truck hold? Is it a 4x4?

The conditions could be on the wetish side again--we got an inch and a half of rain last night with more forecast tonight. Please bring rain gear.

If you post here on the roll call and can't make it, please try and post here again on Saturday morning so I know not to expect you. Thanks!

See ya Saturday!
I will be there, doing the dh version, just got my new bike a few hours ago. Cya all there
 

·
Card Carrying Member
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
ibmkidIII said:
IN! Charlie (woodchuck) and me will be carpooling down together. I'll be driving my 4x4 explorer down. assuming just him and me inside, I can haul six bikes total.

Got room for two more?
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Loudpawlz said:
Bike and I will probably need to be passengers - my two-door coupe can make it to the resevoir if necessary.
do you still have the old school frame from a while ago that i forgot to pick up? if so id like to get it sat mornin. also what kinda beer do you like?
 

·
Big M, Little organ.
Joined
·
250 Posts
In for climbing version.

Myself and brother will be there for the climbing version. I drive a jeep wrangler with a 2 bike hitch-type rack...so I can't haul much. But if someone has a truck with a 2" receiver...we can put a couple more on that way. I also have an extra delta truck bed rack from my old truck I can bring. Has two fork clamps, just let me know.
See you Saturday.
 

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Sure...it'll be a little cozier that way, but the exploder can handle 4bikes/4people and gear...that maxes me out though for the shuttle. Plan is to meet at my place at 112th + Huron at 7am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
climbing version

I'm in for the climbing version. I have a Subaru with 2 racks on top. See you all on Sat. Weather is supposed to be great... at least for today's forcast! Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
snowskilz said:
i can carry 4 ppl and 4 bikes
I haven't been able to get in touch with Sprocket for a couple days his cell is whacked. He had previously commited.

Anyway we may be short staffed on 2nd run vehicles for the DH without him.
Two runs make the shuttle way more worthwhile.

Dreamforest- we need you! (and your truck :)
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top