Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Enjoying life
335 Posts
conrad359 said:
how do you shuttle noble canyon? Ive never been there but Ive heard from several people you can shuttle it. directions please?
Don't be a pu$$y. I climb it on my 42lb. vpx and many others climb it on big bikes as well.

·
You're gonna love my nuts
36 Posts
Knoble Shuttle Techniques

The best way IMO is to load your bike into a car or truck, & have somebody drop you off at the top!:D
Oh make sure they pick your a** up later too.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
conrad359 said:
how do you shuttle noble canyon? Ive never been there but Ive heard from several people you can shuttle it. directions please?
1700 vert, yipee, oh boy!!!
yaaaawn, snoooze.
while your at it, you sure you don't want to shuttle ted willy,those guys are classic, a rider can easily climb faster than the shuttle out there.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Easy

When I lived in Solana Beach we used to go ride Noble every couple of weeks. We always rode up to the top. It would be simple to shuttle though. Have a 1 or more cars at the top or bottom in Pine Valley.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hey Conrad359
You're dealing with a pretty tough crowd, huh?!?!?
You really don't need to shuttle Noble. Yes, it is a pretty tough climb, but it makes the experience all the more worth it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
conrad359 said:
how do you shuttle noble canyon?
Don't let these people but your chops. They're upset because some people go to Noble, shuttle it, and mess up the trail. I get upset too when cork suckers ruin the trails I ride! :madmax:

If you've ridden Noble before, and you climbed it, then you've earned a shuttle. Just follow that paved road up. If you're only going to descend once, then why not pedal up? I'm terrible at the uphills, but I've done it a few times, and it's not really that bad. Have fun!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Tough Crowd?

Andy aka Rut said:
Hey Conrad359
You're dealing with a pretty tough crowd, huh?!?!?
You really don't need to shuttle Noble. Yes, it is a pretty tough climb, but it makes the experience all the more worth it.
Good luck!
Are you kidding?
I'm a 54 year old grandfather on a single speed.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Noble's a cruiser uphill on any bike if you have a small front ring and stay on the road.

A little off topic, but I had a friend that would get his brother to shuttle him down White Mountain. That ride starts at about 4000' and tops out at around 14,300'. After all that work why would you ever have someone drive your a$$ back down? :eek:ut: Years later, dft used to do that ride with me, but he lived for the down. :thumbsup:

·
Nothing to see here
892 Posts
and you can shuttle this trail too, doesn't make you ***** if you do, or less of a rider. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Umm, Granny, beg to differ. If you don't ride your bike up the hill, by definition, you're "less of a rider." Ride up or don't ride it it all...... :nono:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
MTP said:
Umm, Granny, beg to differ. If you don't ride your bike up the hill, by definition, you're "less of a rider." Ride up or don't ride it it all...... :nono:
:rolleyes:

That's a stupid remark. Come on guys, get real. The "don't ride it at all" bit should be saved for, among others, the ones who ruin the trails.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.