Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, so i have ridden a few times up there in the forest hill area and found a trail that a bunch of people were shuttling and was hoping that someone could perhaps help a brotha out and give me the scoup on the road names, places to turn, etc... let me know what you can do..

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd love to help you out but honestly I never paid attention to the names of any of anything. It's just a visual thing for me. Just go to the bottom of the Confluence where everyone parks and ask the first truck load of bikes going up the hill. All I can say is up the hill right then left then park n ride....repeat.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Just wait long enough at the bottom and sooner or later you'll see some one shuttling to the top. Hop in your car/truck and follow them to the top.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The end of the Confluence trail is at the dirt parking right across the bridge (next to a porterpotty). To get to the top of the tril, head alllll the way up the hill till you get to the top. At the top it will T, make a left, than an immediate left towrads the lake (forgot the name). It will be a small paved road, follow that. You'll see a small dirt parking lot (not much of a parking lot, about 5 cars can fit). That is where you start. When you go therough the gate, you can go 3 directions, go right up the hill. Keep going up the trail until you come to a big oak tree: That's where the DH starts. Just make sure when you see the first double go that direction: down the hill. The trail is easily to follow. You'll know you;re going the right way if you go under a massive culvert. It will take you to the road you came up on (the made road up the hill). Cross it and go staright across towards "Mammoth Bar". Take that for a little while, the last half of the trail starts on the right at a green horse gate. take that down to your car.

Sorry if that was confusing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
MattP. said:
The end of the Confluence trail is at the dirt parking right across the bridge (next to a porterpotty). To get to the top of the tril, head alllll the way up the hill till you get to the top. At the top it will T, make a left, than an immediate left towrads the lake (forgot the name). It will be a small paved road, follow that. You'll see a small dirt parking lot (not much of a parking lot, about 5 cars can fit).
Actually a bit of a correction. You said at the T make a left, then an immediate left. At the T you actually make a right, then an immediate left. All other directions are correct.

If you go left at the T you would end up going over the tall ass bridge and end up back in Auburn.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The confluence parking area is down where the rivers converge and there are a couple of bridges. You can't miss it since it is usually full of vehicles.

I'd like to hit it up with you sometime but I just spent the last two Sundays there. I'm in Santa Rosa so we should try to hook up sometime and ride.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spring rates....

well mr. [email protected], i would belive that something that was a bit more linear at the forefront of the compression stroke with a slight variation in exponential spring rate increase toward the end of the stroke would be ideal for this trail system. However, what most people dont consider, is that with multiple variances in compression phases, there would need to be similar balance with the rebound phases of the stroke as well. With the spring rate increasing rapidly towards the end of the compression phase, naturally the spring is under a greater load and will rebound towards its unsprung position at a more rapid speed that it would under the first couple of inches of the shocks stroke. Therefore, you would need to adjust the reboud damping to a higher setting for the end of the shock's stroke than you would for the begining. Basically this particular performance set up is only possibly if the manufactuters were to stock rebound damping systems with multiple phase thresholds. Not a realistic possibility with the current design structure. So for now you can either modify your damper, or just deal with a progressive compression phase with variable damping phases, and a single linear rebound rate. Hope that this will help you choose how to set your bike up for each trail.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
peletonnissen said:
well mr. [email protected], i would belive that something that was a bit more linear at the forefront of the compression stroke with a slight variation in exponential spring rate increase toward the end of the stroke would be ideal for this trail system. However, what most people dont consider, is that with multiple variances in compression phases, there would need to be similar balance with the rebound phases of the stroke as well. With the spring rate increasing rapidly towards the end of the compression phase, naturally the spring is under a greater load and will rebound towards its unsprung position at a more rapid speed that it would under the first couple of inches of the shocks stroke. Therefore, you would need to adjust the reboud damping to a higher setting for the end of the shock's stroke than you would for the begining. Basically this particular performance set up is only possibly if the manufactuters were to stock rebound damping systems with multiple phase thresholds. Not a realistic possibility with the current design structure. So for now you can either modify your damper, or just deal with a progressive compression phase with variable damping phases, and a single linear rebound rate. Hope that this will help you choose how to set your bike up for each trail.
r u high??????????????????????????????????????????///:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Fillmoe Slim said:
Actually a bit of a correction. You said at the T make a left, then an immediate left. At the T you actually make a right, then an immediate left. All other directions are correct.

If you go left at the T you would end up going over the tall ass bridge and end up back in Auburn.
Ah, yes, my apologies, wasn't thining right :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gears, gadgets and gizmos

Hello Sirs, recently I had an unfortunate incident.It seems that in order to clear a 10 ft gap, one needs to go 10 or 11 feet not 8 or 9. Is there some sort of laser range finder/gps that I can connect to my (wireless of course) cycling computer that will predict this scenario and give me an audible warning via a wireless earpiece inside my helmet or better yet a blinking +/- speed indicator to prevent this common situation? Any ideas would be welcome and price is not an issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.