Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Showa & Fox are gonna rock the suspenssion world. If Showa comes out with a fork for the public as a mass production model there are going to be some huge changes. Fox stoped there M/C end of suspension, Cane Creek is using Ohlin, Showa working with Honda.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
sweet, i wonder what there gonna bring to the sport

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
dogonfr said:
Showa & Fox are gonna rock the suspenssion world. If Showa comes out with a fork for the public as a mass production model there are going to be some huge changes. Fox stoped there M/C end of suspension, Cane Creek is using Ohlin, Showa working with Honda.
A smaller suspernsion company in Japan KOWA made 2 DH forks the mobs and the jisism that THE later imported intot he U.S. a few years ago , thoes forks flat out killed it
easily the best forks I have ever felt .

Showa makes all the forks for the Honda DH team as well as the real shoks for that crazy Honda DH bike , pretty sure that fork pictured above is the same model the Honda guys were running on their single pivot 4x bikes

·
Pro Crastinator
11,780 Posts
Evil4bc said:
A smaller suspernsion company in Japan KOWA made 2 DH forks the mobs and the jisism that THE later imported intot he U.S. a few years ago , thoes forks flat out killed it
easily the best forks I have ever felt .....
they better have been good, seeing as how they were like 2 grand.......

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
they better have been good, seeing as how they were like 2 grand.......
2 effing G's...I am sticking with Marz

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,916 Posts
It'd be really cool if a company made a DH fork with like Mx internals, like from the Mx shiver....Oh wait a minute...

Marzocchi cartridges are basically the same as Mx cartridges, but some models are simpler with less adjustments. They're always getting better with the RC2 and RC2X cartridges, but they at least try to bring the same kind of suspension to the mtb world.

That said, I wouldn't mind one of those companies making a sick 150mm single crown fork with excellent damping. If they could produce a ~150mm SC fork with better damping than either the fox 36, or marzocchis, then I'd be interested. That'd obviously have to be some pretty damn good damping though. They need to do like Marz does with their forks, start HEAVY and RELIABLE with excellent damping, then get lighter when all that stuff is figured out.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,441 Posts
finchy said:
http://www.dropmachine.com/news/news.php?action=fullnews&id=207

seems another motocross company is making the jump to MTB i think the forks look sick but i bet manitou is pretty pissed!!!
Ahhhhh, kids. Actually Showa first produced MTB forks in 1992 which John Tomac rode to many victories. They actually produced a few different forks during this period but they didn't sell very well. Oh ya, Showa also made all of Treks Mogul brand forks from that time period.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,780 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
isn't that a patent infringement (sp?) with the reverse arch?
one day some idiot was too stoned to know what was really going on, slapped the lowers on backward and then they decide to patent it?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
it's not how they look on the outside...you can bet Showa mtn forx will take the best from mototcross, like a spring in each fork and perhaps twin chamber in each or catridge in each...either way, crazy adjustability, real performance...not just pogo sticks like manitou etc

1 - 20 of 33 Posts