Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Under Top Tube

Sorry no pics... I have a Crank Brother's power pump with a gauge mounted under the top tube on my HT. No contact with legs and you can still use the water bottle cage.

HOWEVER...! I got a flat tonight. Guess how many times you need to pump the damn thing to get a bead to seat? I stopped counting after 300. I had to deflate the tire once and spit on the bead to get it to pop (drank the last bit of water in the bottle 10 minutes prior to flat).

It's not the first flat I've had to repair during a ride, but I'm getting tired of using those little pumps. I'm going to order one of those CO2 inflators tomorrow. I'll carry both. Partially inflate the tube with mini pump to install in rim, then use CO2 to seat bead.

I wonder how many 16 gram cartridges it'll take.

·
Calm Like a Bomb
2,092 Posts
Bob_Element50 said:
Sorry no pics... I have a Crank Brother's power pump with a gauge mounted under the top tube on my HT. No contact with legs and you can still use the water bottle cage.

HOWEVER...! I got a flat tonight. Guess how many times you need to pump the damn thing to get a bead to seat? I stopped counting after 300. I had to deflate the tire once and spit on the bead to get it to pop (drank the last bit of water in the bottle 10 minutes prior to flat).

It's not the first flat I've had to repair during a ride, but I'm getting tired of using those little pumps. I'm going to order one of those CO2 inflators tomorrow. I'll carry both. Partially inflate the tube with mini pump to install in rim, then use CO2 to seat bead.

I wonder how many 16 gram cartridges it'll take.

·
Are you gonna eat that?
500 Posts
I had a blackburn shorty mounted on the downtube until an incident in malibu state park, now I keep it in my camelbak :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts