Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll get the ball rolling..

Here is my modified old school Kona seatpost clamp. Clamp slotted, and the whole thing polished up. Ive not weighed it yet as there's a Ti bolt on the way to complete it.

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
odd mod jobs

have to admit i've been slacking off lately & should get back in the workshop

here's some unfinished Magura caliper mounts and a seatpost shim, before they were attacked i think all 3 weighed around 22g

........edit........
added a pic of a finished white ceramic mod Magura caliper that weighed 16g

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:eek: That chainring looks scary tuned!! But its :cool: as .....

I have an old M952 rear mech that Im planning to tune to the max! Im gonna slot the linkage plates and change all the hardware too.

Anyone see Nino's tuned SID forks? Wow!

Keep it coming guys!

·
meow, meow.
2,498 Posts
Well, I have just shaved a measly 10 g off my Saint M810 rear derailer. To achieve that, I merely replaced 6 bolts to aluminum ones: 2 roller bolts, cable pinch bolt, and 3 adjustment bolts. No drilling and sanding, no lighter rollers, thank you.

This way it's down to about SRAM X.9 weight, but still beefier and more compact.

PS
Does it count if I reduce cassette weight by removing sprockets? )
I just made a custom 6-speed one from Shimano LX HG-70 8-speed 11-28T cassette. The cogs are 11-12-14-16-18-21. Weight is 154 g without lockring. The rest of setup is Chris King Ti lockring 11T, Hope Pro 2 Trials hub.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just because I care about others health...when working/grinding on carbon, always wear face mask and protect skin and if possible old clothes.

I know you think it's just some kind of plastic.....it's bad, very bad for lungs and skin......

·
gone for a bike ride
1,973 Posts
krystian xtc, i like what you did with your WCS bars -18g great, my WCS seatpost/stem/bars look like they have 30g of lacquer & graphics on each of them so might well follow suit some rainy day (with dust mask & gloves + wet sandpaper!)

but not sure what you're doing with that seatpost, is 250g the "before" weight & 142g after? doesn't look safe at all to me

...anyone else with trick mods for show 'n" tell?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts