Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Turner has decided to axe the Burner and replace it with something in the Salty price range, I have decided to go with Ventana as the price issue is no longer an issue.

In the end I'm happy about this as I think the Ventana is a better frame, so all you Salty owners, let me see your steed!

·
Basura Blanca
1,796 Posts
I miss that bike. Here's mine; it died an early death in Moab last Fall. I love the ride of my new X-5, but it's just not as sweet as that 19" '00 Salty. The Salty was just a really nice-looking bike, and the X-5 looks kinda ungainly by comparison. Here's hoping your new ride arrives before the weekend!
- Joe

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Not the best Pic but Here's mine on it's current build up.

jakey said:
Since Turner has decided to axe the Burner and replace it with something in the Salty price range, I have decided to go with Ventana as the price issue is no longer an issue.

In the end I'm happy about this as I think the Ventana is a better frame, so all you Salty owners, let me see your steed!
'01/2? Superdust Salty, Bushing equipped. Weighs a whopping 5.6lbs. with shock.
Course the Conti's and Rhyno Lites balloon it to 30lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another '02 bushing Salt in superdust. I highly reccomend a Push platform mod for your shock. A great light 4" traibike. Im thinking of ditching the Vanilla for a F100x and some light tires to go racing.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great lookin' bike but why are you running v-brakes on a bike like that? Kinda surprised me......i'm used to seeing discs on a bike of that caliber. BTW, what kind of rims are those? They look kinda cheap (not trying to rip on you). Other than that, that is one killer frame--too bad I can't afford a Ventana. Oh well--my Rocky Mountain and Specialized will suffice :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My New Ride

Thanks to Theresa and Sherwood at Ventana for hooking me up with my 2001 flat grey ano Salty. And you guessed it - Larry at Mountain High was kind enough to build it up for me. Only had it about a month and am still getting used to the ride - coming off a Fuel 98 - but absolutely love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
salty posing in front of Castle Rock, MT

jakey said:

I love mine ...

03' ElSaltamontes spec'd with:

Manitou Minute1
King headset
RaceFace bar, stem, crank, & BB
King / DS1 wheels
thomson post
wtb saddle
Avid juicy seven brakes
XTR (8speed)

As a shop owner ... i have the duty to upgrade each season, yet i've had a hard time doing so while straddling my salty. Thanks Sherwood !!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts