Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
121 - 140 of 1215 Posts

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,011 Posts
Dragon

Finally, I got a good picture of my '04 Dragon...and finally got the fit dialed in!

Specs:
Frame: '04 Dragon 19"
Fork: '05 Reba SL 100
Drivetrain: SRAM X-9 with PC 990 cassette and PC 99 chain
Brakes: Avid BB7 disc with Avid SD-7 levers
Cranks: White Industries
Stem: Pazzaz 120 x 6 deg
Bar: Monkeylite 1.5" riser
Saddle: Selle Italia Genuine Gel
Pedals: Time ATAC
Wheelset: XT disc hubs laced to mavic 717 disc rims
Tires: WTB Mutanoraptors 2.4
Headset: King nothread

Yes, it rides as sweet as it looks!

Attachments

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
The kiss....

Daz said:
How did you deal with the "Kiss"?
At first I dealt with the kiss by ignoring it. Usually the front derailler cable housing take the brunt of the hit. Eventually, I had a buddy of mine machinge me a new cross-member (seatstay bolt on that does the kissing) that was "dished" more to allow the rear suspension to compress 1/2 inch more. But to "dish" it to clear the seat tube, I had to give up tire clearance - which didn't really matter for me as I only run 2.1's. also, I got back the last 1/2 inch of travel my bike was missing from the original poor design.

REEK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another Jamis!

I didn't believe there were this many *proud* Jamis owners about :).

I think the new 2006 colour schemes look rubbish, but the 2004 and 2005 colour schemes are great.

My bloody brilliant 2005 Jamis Dakar Sport, 19", with a set of Larsen TT tyres, an ABR seatpost, double butted rear spokes, and an IKE saddle (the WTB saddle which came stock was rubbish - it was uncomfortable and tore easily).

Photo #1 - This photo is a few months old.
Photo #2 - The latest photo, taken on the way to Mount Kosciusko just a few weeks ago.
Photo #3 - It tows a BOB very well.
Photo #4 - The joey looks puzzled.

:)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
1997 Dakar Team

Put this together back in 1998. Recently changed the front shock out to a Marzocchi Bomber, replaced the saddle with a WTB and threw on a carbon riser bar. I put the XTR five-arm spider cranks on a couple bikes to get the 26-36-48 rings. Sadly, owning a Scaplel and about to start a build on a Dos Niner, my Dakar has become my night-ride and winter weather bike. With limited shed space I may have to let it go soon. It's been very good to me over the years.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
More than the sum of its parts...

I bought the frame used for $100, its about a year old and in nice shape. I was planning on building it up with some older parts I had lying around but the frame is just too sweet so I bought some new parts and am going to build it up into a trail bike. I'm just waiting for the heavier spring to arrive from Fox so I can convert the fork to 100mm travel. I'll post another pic when its all together, its my first Jamis and I think it is going to be an excellent bike!

Attachments

·
Wierdo
3,189 Posts
Here is my 2004 XLT 3.0. Built it a month ago and have about 50 miles on it. Sweet ride! Bought the parts from LBS, ebay, web shops.

Wheels: Mavic Crossmax XL UST, Tires: Kenda Nevegal UST, Brakes: Avid Juicy Sevens, Drivetrain: RaceFace Duece Crankset, SRAM XGEN Front Der., X9 Rear Der., X9 Shifters, Fork: Manitou Minute 3, Stem: Thompson, Bars: Sette Duo.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 05 XLT. Just picked it up a few weeks ago. My second Jamis actually... first was an older (93-ish) Durango that I have no pics of. Still sitting in the basement at my parents' place in Cincinnati though. :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just finished building up my new 2003 dakar XC pro. It's a work in progress so the seatpost, saddle, rear tire (been using it on the trainer) and just about everything else are temporary.

121 - 140 of 1215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.