1181 - 1200 of 1215 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
2009 Jamis Durango

20161110_221317.jpg

FB_IMG_1480796158193.jpg

My son picked this up cheap!

He didn't know AND DOESN'T CARE) that it's a "feme" series bike!
SRAM components & Marzocchi Bomber M2 Race fork upgrades
It's a beast!
The color appears to be the only difference in a "mens" bike.
Geometry looks to be the same

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just picked up my new Jamis Friday night,first Jamis I've owned . Mid 20's for the first ride but liking the + tires and really liking the bike.
Freaking awesome. Very high on may list for a new bike. I seen the sport version in person. The steel paint job looks so much better than the Aluminum paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jamis Dragon 650B (2012)

My first Mountain Bike :)

I've been demo-ing full suspension bikes to join friends on trails, but not ready to spare $2k + on one. So then I went on Craigslist and found me a sweet Steel hardtail.

853 Reynolds frame is as advertised: buttery smooth and light.

Came upgraded with:
- 1x drivetrain
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic front, Hans Dampf rear tire
- RaceFace Evolve stem
- Redline pedals
- Odi Ruffian grips

I added:
- KS eTen dropper seatpost
- MudHugger fenders (not shown)

Overall weight: about 28-29lbs.

Attachments

·
Rides all the bikes!
3,822 Posts
Still beating up my 2012 650b Pro. Upgraded to Flow MK3 wheels, Sram Guide RSC brakes, 2.4 tires, Reverb dropper, 1x10 with Sunrace 11-42 cassette and MRP Blingring 34t up front.

https://www.relive.cc/view/941199130

Funny part is, this is how I train for XC. My XC bike is a 100mm hardtail. No dropper, really light.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
My last post was my XT 9-speed 32x11-34 drivetrain. I'm now balling a new m8000 XT 1x11 with 30t 104bcd Narrow Wide. I can climb a wall now.

2005 Komodo Freeride hardtail
Rockshox Sektor Coil
XT m8000 derailleur, shifter, chain, cassette
RaceFace Narrow Wide 30t Chainring
Elixir Brakes 280/160
Thomson Elite Layback post
Kona 60x6 stem
FSA Orbit MX headset
Answer ProTaper AM 720 bars
WTB Rocket V Team Ti saddle
Hope Pro 4 / Stan's Flow EX / DT wheelset
Kenda Nevegal X Pro 2.35 SCT DTC folding bead tubeless
ODI Yeti Logo Lock On grips
Crank Brothers Stamp Large pedals

·
Cycologist
7,197 Posts
My last post was my XT 9-speed 32x11-34 drivetrain. I'm now balling a new m8000 XT 1x11 with 30t 104bcd Narrow Wide. I can climb a wall now.

2005 Komodo Freeride hardtail
Rockshox Sektor Coil
XT m8000 derailleur, shifter, chain, cassette
RaceFace Narrow Wide 30t Chainring
Elixir Brakes 280/160
Thomson Elite Layback post
Kona 60x6 stem
FSA Orbit MX headset
Answer ProTaper AM 720 bars
WTB Rocket V Team Ti saddle
Hope Pro 4 / Stan's Flow EX / DT wheelset
Kenda Nevegal X Pro 2.35 SCT DTC folding bead tubeless
ODI Yeti Logo Lock On grips
Crank Brothers Stamp Large pedals
Which cassette?

·
Registered
315 Posts
A long gone bike. Bought this around 1999.
It had a Judy fork, XT derailleurs with Sachs Gripshift, XT V-brakes, Mavic SUP UB rims, XT hubs, WTB tires.

Cykeln.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jamis 650B Pro

Just picked up this Jamis 650B Pro bike on Craigslist. It was exactly what I was looking for (hardtail, 27.5" wheels, 1x10 drivetrain, quality fork with remote lockout, good quality components). The only thing missing is a dropper post, which I plan to buy and add soon.

I've been riding a 12 yr old Iron Horse Sinister that I bought new which has been a reliable and durable bike, but is very heavy and not really worth upgrading.

I just started riding more seriously (every weekend) with my oldest Son who just got his first new real MTB this past Christmas. I'm loving how light and nimble this Jamis is. Jamis Dragon 650B.jpg

·
Cycologist
7,197 Posts
Just picked up this Jamis 650B Pro bike on Craigslist. It was exactly what I was looking for (hardtail, 27.5" wheels, 1x10 drivetrain, quality fork with remote lockout, good quality components). The only thing missing is a dropper post, which I plan to buy and add soon.

I've been riding a 12 yr old Iron Horse Sinister that I bought new which has been a reliable and durable bike, but is very heavy and not really worth upgrading.

I just started riding more seriously (every weekend) with my oldest Son who just got his first new real MTB this past Christmas. I'm loving how light and nimble this Jamis is. View attachment 1182113
Dragon Pro, really nice bike! I have a 2005 Dragon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Chaz. This is my first real mountain bike. Jamis seems to make a great product and I wanted a steel bike for ride quality and longevity. I bought it with the hope that that I'll be able to ride it for years to come. I want it to be a fun trail bike and also a bikepacking rig.

I plan to break it down completely this weekend to spray frame saver inside the tubing. Then put it back together and hit the trails with it. All it needs is a dropper post.

1181 - 1200 of 1215 Posts