Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just ordered a Firefly 29er Titanium hardtail with a ISP, 44mm headtube(for a lefty fork) and other goodies that will rock the world. Tyler and his gang maybe making the best bikes anywhere right now. Mine will be built and ready to race in March of 2012.

·
underachiever
1,187 Posts
Here's my beast:

Frame, Stem, Integrated Seat Post: Firefly
Fork: Engin
Wheels: Chris King Hubs, DT Swiss Spokes, ENVE Rims
Quick Release: Cook Bros.Racing
Tires: Maxxis Hookworm 26x2.5
Pedals: Shimano XTR M970
Crankset: Cook Brothers Racing RSR w/Blackspire Super Pro Chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Kooka Titanium
Chain: SRAM
Rear Cogs: Shimano XTR M900 8-speed 12/28
Front & Rear Derailleurs: Precision Billet ProShift
Shifters: Shimano Deore Thumbshifters
Handlebars: WTB Dirt Drop
Headset: Chris King Titanium
Brakes: Avid BB7 Road
Brake levers: Cane Creek SCR-5C
Saddle: Sella Italia Flite
Serial #: FF044
Place of Origin: Boston, MA

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
Those dropouts are truly amazing. So thats what took them so long.

Is that going to hit dirt dangerpants ? Or is it the sickest commuter ever ?

·
underachiever
1,187 Posts
Those dropouts are truly amazing. So thats what took them so long.

Is that going to hit dirt dangerpants ? Or is it the sickest commuter ever ?
I've started calling this my adventure bike. I've taken it anywhere from 40+ mile road rides to shorts jaunts down to my local barista to meet friends. It sees mostly pavement at the moment, though will be seeing gravel roads and moderate single track in the near future (well, next spring most likely).

Here's a shot of the dropouts from the non-drive side. Much prettier on that side:

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
Wow, just saw this on their site. Looks like they're sponsoring Mike Ramponi now. He used to be sponsored by Indy Fab right ? Cold blooded :cool:

I really love this anodized ti stuff they're doing. I'm afraid it will fade but it looks so cool when new.

·
underachiever
1,187 Posts
drool....
:D

I thought I'd give a shout out to the fine folks at ENVE. The rear rim was defective and was less than a year old so I called them and they were very accommodating. They replaced both rims, which was nice, and I got the fancier tubeless version (not that I'll go that route with this bike). They were also VERY fast in taking care of the warranty replacement. I also slapped on the Schwalbe Super Moto tires considering winter hasn't really arrived here (we did have some nice snow over this past weekend, though). The tires make the bike about 3 pounds lighter compared to the Maxxis Hookworms.

·
holy schfincter..
158 Posts
I just ordered a Firefly 29er Titanium hardtail with a ISP, 44mm headtube(for a lefty fork) and other goodies that will rock the world. Tyler and his gang maybe making the best bikes anywhere right now. Mine will be built and ready to race in March of 2012.
I assume they had you pay in full up front? Or just a deposit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts