Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody!
I finally got a Santa Cruz that fits my style of riding better, and I'm really happy with it.I used to own a Heckler, but was having a hard time with all the bobbing of the single pivot. So I got me a Blur LT . That VPP suspension is really amazing stuff! It's a Blur LT 1, however, and I haven't seen any threads for it! What gives??? I know there's plenty of LT1s out there, so how about posting your rides??? I'll take some pictures of mine and will post them up soon!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up, scruffy. Eventually I want to get an LT2, but right now the LT1 works for me. Carry on.

·
Lungs, Legs, Luck
199 Posts
I have tons of love for my first SC. Mine is the Ganggreen one in the "BLT in da House" thread. I really felt that I came into my own as a rider on that bike. Now I have the BLT2 carbon, of course :rolleyes:

·
Sail On!
248 Posts
Here is mine. 650B up front with a TALAS set up around 120mm of travel. Great all around bike. The big wheel up front made drops and technical stuff much easier.
I see no reason to upgrade other than to make myself poorer.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
After i got used to the strange sensation climbing in the granny ring, i really liked mine. The LT2 might be more accomplished but it felt heavier and duller to me. If they'd just sorted out the pivots and creaking, but left everything else the same i'd still have my LT2.

·
Registered
427 Posts
stefanb said:
Any reliability issues with the lt1 frame? Bushing problems?
I had issues with bearing failure in the top links, and a squirt of silicone spray in all linkages was needed every few rides to keep the dreaded creak away....

·
Sail On!
248 Posts
Ahhhh the dreaded bushing creak. Yes the BLT1 needs more than the average maintenance on the pivots. I usually pull the linkage apart clean-grease-loctite the lower about every 4 months. I got so I can do it in about 2 hours. I did notice the last time I did a complete pro pack that the seals were different and better. That was about 3 months ago and no creaking yet and its been hella muddy here in Nor Cal.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,612 Posts
stefanb said:
Any reliability issues with the lt1 frame? Bushing problems?
My wife had a BLT 1 for nearly 2 years.....we never had a problem with the bearings. Never serviced them, never replaced them. She did submarine her bike in a creek crossing a few times and again, never casued a problem. We tried not to ride in wet and sandy areas. Then again, in So. Cal. there isn't a lot of mud anyway.

If you are a heavier rider, the Ti Upper Links are kind of a weak point. I have seen quite a few break. This is not an issue on the BLT2.

She now has a BLT2 for a little over a year, again with no problems.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just took the LT1 for a nice long ride, plenty of climbing, lots of rocks, and tricky sections. the bike rode like a champ. I'm very impressed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts