Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
question for those of you who had/have the stock SS kit:

how does that tensioner mount? it almost looks to me like it's mounted as a derailleur hanger??? in that slot and with the bolt... ? I could easily be wrong, as I'm only looking at pictures... but it looks interesting.
Is it spring loaded or is it fixed/bolted in one place?

STILL seems so odd to me that Giant has yet to get it together and slap horizontal dropouts on that frame... I mean c'mon, they have done it to their XTC cross-country frame, like a few years ago already?! how much does it take to convert the STP?? Giant is one of, if not THE, most powerful company in the industry... horiz. drops on the STP would easily put it at the top of it's class in North America IMO.... sorry for the rant, but I've been burning over that question for quite some time...

nice rides though guys. Sitting Duck, how's that Nashbar hub still holding up for you? Ever try an ODSY 1pc driver in that badboy yet?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I used to have one back in the day. I paid $150.00 for the bike complete *used...heavily used* fork was destroyed, so I replaced it with the spare EXR Comp shown in the pic.

·
Manual4ever
151 Posts
It's an 04 i think? Frameset

I masked off the STP (it was black outline text)
few coats of matte black. hols up really well actually, and easy to touch up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice, hey i have kodak easy share and i can't get my bike pic on because my file size and
picture size anyone know how to make smaller and smaller file size

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll play when my bike gets back from the LBS hopefully with fixed cranks :D Has anyone else had that problem with their hussefelts coming lose on their STP? if so how'd they fix it?

·
Registered
335 Posts
ironzep said:
I'll play when my bike gets back from the LBS hopefully with fixed cranks :D Has anyone else had that problem with their hussefelts coming lose on their STP? if so how'd they fix it?
So far, knock on wood, mine have done well and have not loosened or had any other issues and I'm a hack.
Maybe they "improved" them for 07??? No idea, but if they break I'll replace them with Saints or something.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts