Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
need help on building a HT (pics if desired)

I'm still lokking to build a FR/DJ HT for myself. I've got the fork, and headset already and am looking for ideas on the rest of the parts

show me some pics of ur HT's with their specs and how it performs plz

·
Registered
629 Posts
Raleigh M50 with XT, Psylo, Avids. Everyone makes fun of me because i bring it to tough trails and stuff but its just as good as most hardtails. I love the geometry and i dont see the point of spending 800 on a banshee that wont fit my needs. Ive done 6 foot drops on this, brought it on trails that people think they need 8" of travel for, and it holds up fine. I can also climb and ride enduro with it. In fact, im probably going to replace the fork and brakes ebfore i replace the frame. 27 pounds.

BTW thats my dog, couldnt get him out of the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wish i had a digital camera or a scanner :( .But i will find a way to take a pic or two by next week probably. Mines a Norco Charger with Tioga DH tires,Shimano Deore Crank/Discs,i also out on some new lock on grips a water bottle holder(lol) and a new seat collar(whoopee :rolleyes: ).I like it alot,but the tubing seems kinda skinny on the frame(o well ive been riding it all summer,no problems)it might be a tad more meant for XC stuff but ive been jumping and riding trails with out incident. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea nice pics but u guys failed to suggest which parts I should use to buil my HT and how ur HT performs

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Chameleon is what you need baby!

Singlespeed, geared, xc, fr, dj, you name it.

Mine is setup with a Firefly in front, singlespeed, Rhyno Lites, Truvativ Holzfeller cranks, pedals, stem, and bars. Truvativ GigaPipe Team DH bb, and an Azonic hot seat to give me boys a soft landing. Oh yeah, don't forget the lock ons - a must have.

The bike rides great. It climbs very well for a HT with a very slack head tube angle and a 5" fork and its stiff as you can possibly imagine. The nice part is that the bike doesn't feel harsh like you might expect. Its not necessarily great at anything but its very good at all things making it my ride of choice. The short stays help it jump well and carve like an electric knife at Thansgiving and the front end angle keep you moving forward through the rough stuff.

Hows that? What you're looking for? I forgot to mention it comes in sick Rootbeer flavor too!

Here she is in some rocky Whistler stuff on Kill Me Thrill Me.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry I don't have a pic at work, but I second the chameleon. You can use the damn thing for everything, which I love. My set up is Z1FR, XT drivetrain, avid mechs, EX721 wheels with either nokian 2.5s or Maxxis semislick highrollers depending on what I'm up to.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
My Hardtail

Here's a pic of my urban/ freeride hardtail ,the frame is a bike I produced for a company in Japan (Namaiki cycles) now RODO racing , its a great bike , 24" wheels F/R,
Marzocchi z150 good fork but my next bike will have something around 5in this one gets a bit slacked out sometimes. ODI lock ons,ProTapers E-13 chainguide , the only real guide out there, pedals smooth slides fast, shimano xtr group , truivative cranks with race face b/b, hayes brakes and Razor Rock hubs on Sunringle rims.

Attachments

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
My new Peyto hardtail. Canadian steel. Loving it so far. Half a dozen rides as of yet. XC up and down on a few rides, and one day with the seat slammed down and the fatty tires on at Keystone. I can fit a2.5-2.7 tire in back, depending on the "actual" size. Maker cleared it for any single crown use-I'll probably shop for a decent deal on a Z-150 or something over the winter. 04 Z-1 FR on it right now give me a HA of somewhere in the 68-69 range. Frame is a bit over 5#, bike sits at about 28# with my everyday tires, more with downhill meats on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yep, that's what I was lookin for guys, thx

rite now, im thinking about the soul cycles titan frame because im in the process of being sponsored by them; with a z150, and gold spray painted holzfeller cranks (thanks for the idea curiouscaptain)

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
scrublover said:
My new Peyto hardtail. Canadian steel. Loving it so far. Half a dozen rides as of yet. XC up and down on a few rides, and one day with the seat slammed down and the fatty tires on at Keystone. I can fit a2.5-2.7 tire in back, depending on the "actual" size. Maker cleared it for any single crown use-I'll probably shop for a decent deal on a Z-150 or something over the winter. 04 Z-1 FR on it right now give me a HA of somewhere in the 68-69 range. Frame is a bit over 5#, bike sits at about 28# with my everyday tires, more with downhill meats on.
That Peyto is sick man! Glad you're enjoying it (somehwat obvious from the pics). The Z150 would rock but take a look at the Manitou Nixon as well. 6" but feathery light. I was a Zoke guy but have been on a Firefly for a while here and have really loved the Manitou product (swore back in the lat 90's Id never use one again). Check out the Breakout, Firefly, Flick or Nixon when comparing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.