Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Hands down as well. If you look at pic numba 3, Hans Rey's Wheel is 'floating'. If he were to not get his wheel up the right distance, bye bye Rey.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much of portal do you ride? I found i was off the bike a lot. I don't think i would do it again...to much exposure for this old duck

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I get off at the two points on the trail that have killed people, and don't ride maybe half a dozen other sections. I don't really know how many times I get off the bike. I do know that I like to ride that trail, and could spend an entire day just playing on it. I've done it on my Vertex and on my Bullit. Regardless of what I ride on it, I like it and all trails like it. I guess that is why I like Fred's Chute and the China Wall at Reynolds Creek.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
I like like the part where they roll around on visquene in Mazola wearing bunny suits.

That's not a bike ride, it's a stunt. Sly Stallone likes to do his own stunts.

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
lv2ride said:
how much of portal do you ride? I found i was off the bike a lot. I don't think i would do it again...to much exposure for this old duck
We were overly cautious last year, I rode a lot of what these guys walked but I dismounted several times. Not even worth it, no thanks. I am with you Al, the rocks on the last section coming down (around the corner from this pic) are hella fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
From what I saw on the trail Hans Rey was on, I don't think I'd be scared to, but the intimidation of actually being there is probably enought to get me to change my mind real fast...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wimps

Count me in.
"Back in the day (1986-1991)"
Rode this and never gave it a thought
UNTIL - first reported death and I saw the blood the next week...

Then NEVER AGAIN.

I got wooped. Psyched out as they say.

Similar spot on bottom of Dry Creek used to always ride-
until one day... new bike, tired, sh*mono cleats got stuck and not low enough gear led to...
Over the edge -cut up - fore arm stitches and lost my nerve, now- NEVER AGAIN...

Getting old and careful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.