Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
I no longer have this truck. But loved it none the less. Our nephew graduated and we gave it to him for college.
Toyota's are great trucks

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts



91 NA MR2. its in storage... not that i could fit my bike on or in it anyway ha
 

·
another day at the office
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
4Runner does more than just take the kids to baseball practice

We borrowed a 4Runner Sport Edition when we tripped out to the Downieville gathering this year.

Very nice ride when carrying a little bit of weight and it handles darn good for a truck. On Hwy 49, when the road got curvy and one of our passengers got motion sickness, the truck was very predictable, didn't have any excessive body roll, and was barely working hard on the uphill portions.



3 dudes, their bikes, and camping gear fit snugly in the 4Runner





Can you believe that we got 20 mpg on the hwy when fully loaded with gear and bikes on top?



More photos of the Toyota 4Runner Sport w/Urban Runner package in the CarReview gallery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Glass Automotive tire

I apparently need to take more picture of my bike, but here's my pride and joy: 2006 Tacoma Prerunner after a freak snowstorm. I apparently need to learn how to use this computer thing, too...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
bustamove said:
We borrowed a 4Runner Sport Edition when we tripped out to the Downieville gathering this year.

Very nice ride when carrying a little bit of weight and it handles darn good for a truck. On Hwy 49, when the road got curvy and one of our passengers got motion sickness, the truck was very predictable, didn't have any excessive body roll, and was barely working hard on the uphill portions.

a fellow Californicator, i see!

i've a Yota' Highlander (2006). curious what rack systems were featured in the pix? a rack seems inevitable now that Jr. rides with us which (a rack) will be a first for me. i'm guessing already discussed to death but would love to hear which is better / more practical, roof or rear and why etc.
 

·
another day at the office
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Cyclotic said:
a fellow Californicator, i see!

i've a Yota' Highlander (2006). curious what rack systems were featured in the pix? a rack seems inevitable now that Jr. rides with us which (a rack) will be a first for me. i'm guessing already discussed to death but would love to hear which is better / more practical, roof or rear and why etc.
The hitch rack was purchased from Performance many years ago. Lots of adjustments and it fits 29er bikes. On top we used an Inno bike rack since they attach to most crossbars without any adapters.
 

·
Back of the pack fat guy
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
4 wheel toy

Sorry, no photos of the two wheel toys with the 4 wheel Toy. But, one or more toys fit in the back of the Toy quite nicely.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Do not have this Matrix and it is not mike primary bike anymore, but good memories left forever.
Matrix is great bike transporter

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Earthpig said:
Sorry, no photos of the two wheel toys with the 4 wheel Toy. But, one or more toys fit in the back of the Toy quite nicely.
Great looking FJ:thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 180 Posts
Top