Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too sure if it's going to shorten up the cockpit of my bike too much, and I need to know.

Broccoli is good.

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
With all due respect, how the heck is showing you it gonna help you at all?:confused:

If your current one is say 70mm, and the Straitline is 20mm then it'll look 20mm shorter and shorten the cockpit it by 20mm. Thats math!
Looking at it isn't gonna do jack sh*t towards knowing if it'll feel right!

You need to try a stem of the same length, borrow one from the LBS and just stick it on in the shop, quick 5 minute swap job. Or borrow a mates if they have one and ride it for a bit.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know where I want my bar over the top crown. If I can see exactly where it puts the bar, I'll know if I want it or not.

Now, get off your high horse and calm down, and go back to your "flat", "mate".

Orange-Goblin said:
If your current one is say 70mm, and the Straitline is 50mm then it'll look 20mm shorter and shorten the cockpit it by 20mm. Thats math!
And I fixed your smartass post.

That's (with an apostrophe) math. <------ And that's (with an apostrophe) English.

Broccoli is still good.

·
1,506 Posts
Prettym1k3 said:
I know where I want my bar over the top crown. If I can see exactly where it puts the bar, I'll know if I want it or not.

Broccoli is still good.
I don't own a high horse my friend, as i suspected you didn't really give all the information. And what your talking about can still be achieved using a good old fashioned ruler.
As for the "flat" "mate" comment, i'm afraid i don't really get that one. You kids and your humour these days... i don't know!:rolleyes:

·
1,506 Posts
Prettym1k3 said:

And I fixed your smartass post.

That's (with an apostrophe) math. <------ And that's (with an apostrophe) English.

Broccoli is still good.
Wow. Descended into a grammar criticism so quickly. I'm impressed. Have you got an apple for teacher?

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Orange-Goblin said:
Wow. Descended into a grammar criticism so quickly. I'm impressed. Have you got an apple for teacher?

It's okay, man. No harm, no foul. :thumbsup:

Here:

And my teacher gets broccoli. Apples are soooooooo last week.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
his dudeness said:
WTF with the Broccoli Mikey? Have you been popping pills again?
It's good. But for you, no regular broccoli will do.

I give you...

DANCING BROCCOLI! :winker:

·
Registered
12 Posts
no "gh" in Straitline

Prettym1k3 said:
I'm not too sure if it's going to shorten up the cockpit of my bike too much, and I need to know.

Broccoli is good.

I was going through my sats and found this thread linked back to us.... The boxxer is not for everyone and be sure you are informed.. copy paste this link adn read up on the design and why we made it 28mm. https://straitline.blogspot.com/2008/12/sicklines-25-days-of-sickness.html

We could have released the generics but there is a calling for a short stem, niche but we have a lot of race teams we will be sponsoring this season so made the Ultra first.
Cheers!
Greg
www.straitlinecomponents.com

·
Citizen Of Earth
366 Posts
Its been too long. Post pictures of the build now. I'd let you use my time machine to get this done, but it's at my house and only travels forward at regular speed.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Orange-Goblin said:
With all due respect, how the heck is showing you it gonna help you at all?:confused:

If your current one is say 70mm, and the Straitline is 20mm then it'll look 20mm shorter and shorten the cockpit it by 20mm. Thats math!
Looking at it isn't gonna do jack sh*t towards knowing if it'll feel right!

You need to try a stem of the same length, borrow one from the LBS and just stick it on in the shop, quick 5 minute swap job. Or borrow a mates if they have one and ride it for a bit.
You should go slap your elementary math teacher in the face for telling you 70mm -20mm is a difference of 20mm hahaha.

PS it would shorten his cockpit by 50mm.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
More important question is where can you get straitline stuff from? Can you only have your LBS order it through BTI? Any plans to make the SSC stem in green? :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts